There's probably tie back points along the mullions where you can thread in an eye bolt to guide the stage's cables. So go down five floors, put in the eyebolts. Five more floors, repeat.

Cups are okay for some things, but for something like that you'd have trouble swinging in close enough (and holding yourself there) to get a cup on and tie back the cable to it.

Edit: and you could do something from the bottom, but it would be a pain in the ass to set it up every time. You'd have to drop the cables over the side and have them mounted to spinners at the skydeck level so that as the stage descends it just follows the cable. Kind of like a really steep gondola. But you'd need the spinners because if the cable was fixed the action of the motors would unravel it.

Last edited:
PROJECT END!!!... What a sick shot!!!

That's such a cool angle especially since you decided to include MLS!!!

Ritz looks tall/skinny as ever!!!...

Ritz Carlton FTW! :D

*LOL: some people laugh with me... others at me :p!... LOL

You guys are nuts!!!

GET BACK ON TOPIC !:p

*Still not sure about being an architect... Right now it's just an option for me :confused:

EDIT: So this post is on topic ;)

***The 53rd floor should be complete by this weekend!... Then the slant begins! (and the snow :( )

Last edited:
^^ You have plenty of time to decide. I'm sure you'll be great at whatever you do.:) Thanks for your contributions here and, ProjectEnd, thanks for the wonderful pics.

^^ You have plenty of time to decide. I'm sure you'll be great at whatever you do.:).

Awwwwww :eek:

You're so supportive :)!
That's like something a loving parent would say :)... lol!

Awwwww :eek:

*I second that.. thanks Project end of the the shots of Ritz/MLS! :D

4155278255_b358646a7c_b.jpg

Am I the first to notice how the roof profile of RBC (this shape: /\___) matches Metro Hall's roof profile......or the last?

Ritz looks SOOO much taller than RBC from this angle

Festival should match RBC's fin in height (from that angle)

MLS looks cool

Last edited:
Is there not only 9 or 10 floors to go for the Fest tower.:confused:

Well... You have to take in to consideration the really tall lightbox atop Festival tower... It will account for quite a bit of height...

From that angle it should be close to RBC's fin... Not exactly but close enough..

OMG breaking news! (not really...)

The Ritz Carlton Webcam is DOWN so that can only mean they are moving it!!!

Wonder how it's gonna look...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Viewing Spot

Hi everybody,
I just got back from the AGO this afternoon and I decided to take a look around because of the architecture. Unfortunatly, I did not have my camera on me because you are not supposed to use it in the galleries. Anyway, I was walking up the South Side winding stairway that encircles the exterior of the building and I got an incredible view of Downtown.

This view also provided me with an unobstructed view of the rising Ritz (as well as many others) I just thought that I would share this with anybody whi is going to be visiting and reccomend that you bring your camera there and snap a few shots.

Cheers, any photos would be unanimously appreciated.
Savevp

Yeah!!!... I know what you mean! ^^^^

I was in that spiral staircase earlier this year and boy is the view sweet!

You get RBC/CBD in full view!...

Unfortunately i hadn't had my camera nor was i a member of any skyscraper website so yeah... it kinda sucks...

I should visit again one of these days WITH a camera... But the AGO get's boring sometimes cause it never really changes..

Back