Fabulous update! and Congratulations on the new status with the builders!

That was awesome 42 - I actually got chills from some of those great shots. I cant wait for the rest of your tour.

Wait no longer! Welcome to the 52nd floor, and the penthouse:

Yes, that's a long view: you are looking through several rooms along the southern side of the unit, and yes, finished ceilings on this floor will be 12 feet high!

4542446792_3616c0354e_b.jpg

And yes, those are the panels, back side, that are being lifted into place to clad the back of the glass fin from our previous report.

4541829649_e8484b7420_b.jpg

Turn to face the west, and you get a view down the length of the terrace.

4541818387_f0fd21c138_b.jpg

Stroll along the terrace, and well, how can you resist the view?!

4542458480_06366fbdfc_b.jpg

Back under the roof, just about where that lift is now will be a fireplace when the penthouse is finished.

4542469020_14402af4ff_b.jpg

Moving further west, we find ourselves where the elevator will eventually serve this unit.

4542474942_2100093b4f_b.jpg

Further west of that, we find ourselves where elevators currently serve this unit. Quite the ride, that: we did not plummet to our deaths once.

4541845773_425b4c55fd_b.jpg

Move over to the west terrace (off the future kitchen), and you get a better look at the support structure for the construction elevator, and, uh, some other tower to the south.

4541869123_f7f2a6775f_b.jpg

For good measure, a nice fisheye view of the future west terrace.

4542497938_4947827c55_b.jpg

Up close to the north curtainwall now, and we have a look at the brackets and bolts that hold the wall to the floor slabs. There is a couple centimetre gap between the wall and the slabs.

4541856355_7374ecf2c2_b.jpg

Need framing? We got framing.

4541878161_97978a51a7_b.jpg

Finally, a look at where the crane is anchored; here on the 52nd floor.

4541851859_0f5ed12cb2_b.jpg

Coming up next: the SkyLobby floors.

Ed & 42

I've said this before, but man, I really hope this roof inspires some creative and aesthetically dynamic roofs for future towers. It'll be tough to stand out after the Ritz is complete.

Amazing exclusive guys! Very good work!

Question: You said the crane is anchored on the 52nd floor. Does this mean it doesn't go further down?

I always wondered how cranes were stabilized over dozens of stories. This might just answer my question. They raise the crane up as they pour floors? Is that how it works?

This is a self jacking crane, which raises itself with hydraulics every few floors. The holes left for it are subsequently filled of course. Others here may be able to give a much more detailed description of the process.

Are you hiding the clearly amazing views I'm sure you captured from us? :) ... yea I noticed a couple of cityplace.
Great work though!, I hope this is a start of a new trend on this forum! i.e. direct involvement with developers, think, maybe one day you'll be able to influence the design of buildings themselves.
The one thing I worry about the new 'UT' is slippery slope between working with developers (getting involved, tours like this) and simply becoming an advertisement outlet to the highest bidder ... I think this issue will arise in the near future, hopefully we'll handle it well ...

Anyway, off topic slightly but I've always wondered, if I could have a penthouse anywhere in the city where would I want it? no check that, I know the answer already, but, at what height would I want it!
I find all view from the CN tower are just too much to really appreciate the size / scale / details of the entire downtown area i.e. it's just too tall. I think ritz's penthouse might just be that perfect height, the compromise between the height needed to capture most of downtown but at the same time the 'opposite of height' to see the details and feel immersed
... not even really sure I understood that. Anyone get what I'm saying?

Breathtakingly extraordinarily EPIC stuff urban toronto! That penthouse is beyond insane! The ceiling heights are just incredible! 12 feet leaves plenty of room to live in!!! What a huge unit... i envy the person who's getting it!!!! I hope they know how lucky they are!

I still have a hard time knowing someone is going to live here! The penthouse is just too huge that it looks like a 2 story lobby or something! Its literally a mansion up in the sky!
And that terrace is just HUGE! you can play tennis on that thing! :D

Urban Toronto FTW! :D:D:D:D

alright.. enough of this epicness... i gotta go to school :( :( :( .....

Last edited:
Great tour guys. Thank you for that. And as taal said, you must still be holding back the actual "View" pictures you took from up top. We are all jonesing to see them, so don't keep us waiting too long.

For reference sake, here is the floor plan of the 52nd floor penthouse again, in case anyone is just joining this thread in progress...

Attachments

• Ritz-Carlton Penthouse 52.JPG
    Ritz-Carlton Penthouse 52.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 223
Amazing unit considering how often we talk about 500 sq ft units here on Urban Toronto. You could fit 20 of those units on this floor.

Back