Doesn't look like the windows open, I couldn't live in a condo with non opening windows.

Doesn't look like the windows open, I couldn't live in a condo with non opening windows.

I'd shoot myself! Honestly, there should be a law that windows are necessary ORR each unit needs to have its own individual controlled AC unit ... some buildings actually have this, it's not that common though.

I agree %100, that's why I'm buying the penthouse. It has three terraces.

Ahhhh the fresh air!

I can hardly wait until my unit is ready and I step out from the sitting room off my master suite onto the vast South terrace early one summer morning and hear the incessant hum of the HVAC units belching steam out of the top of Simcoe place.

Just kidding!

I won't hear a thing... I wear earplugs to bed.

;)

4544457419_65179e5cdb_b.jpg

Those worrying about the non-operating windows might, might, be assuaged by the louvres that you can see at the top of each pane: they will exchange air between the inside and the out.

Those worrying about the non-operating windows might, might, be assuaged by the louvres that you can see at the top of each pane: they will exchange air between the inside and the out.

Nothing better than on a warm summer evening to invite some friends over, open a bottle of red wine and sit next to my louver and smell the fresh air being pumped in.

Now that's good livin'

;)

Looking at the webcam, I'm relieved to see that the glass on the south side of the top (widest) floor continues the slant despite the fact that the columns are entirely vertical. With respect to the gap, I really do hope that they fill it in the way that it is portrayed in the renders and by Traynor. Otherwise I feel like the tower will continue to look unfinished.

Ed & I-42.... thank you for the amazing on-site updates from atop the Ritz ... this is an amazing milestone for Urban Toronto as this forum begins establishing itself as the premier media outlet for the local development community ~

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what UT comes up with next ... GREAT JOB in liaising with the developers !

Again, more insanely epic updates from UT!!! The skylobby looks a little bare at the moment (its obviously not done) but it does seem a little claustrophobic with the RBC Centre and Simcoe So close! Cool nonetheless! :D

One piece of advice for admins. Maybe before the next tour you get, ask UT members if they have any questions, that maybe you could ask the people giving you the tour next time.

oh for goodness sake, I've only given you a very selected, zoomed in view so far. the views from this place are great. ud, you have no imagination, and a bizarrely negative attitude. If only Vancouver and Manhattan's views are good enough for you, please do yourself a favour and move to one or the other.

+1. Love the ignore feature.

Excellent Updates guys! its awesome to see slanted cladding on the east side of the slant! it looks great! and in urban dreamers photo, festival tower looks its best! It fits in perfectly, i think they made it just the right height, but as urban dreamer said, it they'd made it even taller, it would have been even more epic, but i guess we'll be seeing at least 2 more towers go up in the lot next to festival... I hope what ever they come up with will look good! :D

I think the Ritz is now my favorite skyscraper in Toronto :D (off the top of my head.... or until something better is built! ex. l tower, ice, aura, trump, four seasons,shangri-la the list goes on.... and on....! :D)

any thoughts guys on your favorite toronto skyscraper built to date (or almost complete like the ritz) ? :) I've heard many like Scotia Plaza but aside from that what do you like?

Back