LOGO STATUS??? anyone?
was it cancelled?, or did they just decide to leave the building looking as is (which isn't too bad at all).
i actually think buildings look more classy without logos, but that's just me.

I would hope everyone would think that. Logos are a tacky addition to a building that we have to just live with unfortunately.
The KPMG logo on BA is atrociously bad.

I remember that logo from the renders and I liked what I saw way back then. This is rare for me because generally I don't like logos on top of skyscrapers.
In the case of this Ritz, they had the Chanel principal down pat .. the single piece of jewellry on the simple black dress.

They should put it up.

what, logos on a hotel give it flash, and a hotel without a logo would be like driving a bmw without its logo. this pic speaks for itself!

Attachments

• ritz-carlton-la.jpg
    ritz-carlton-la.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 276
what, logos on a hotel give it flash, and a hotel without a logo would be like driving a bmw without its logo. this pic speaks for itself!

A lot of that flash is because it's a much cooler building all around. Lucky LA.

But definitely, I'd like to see a logo as well. Always a nice addition to the night skyline, in my opinion.

I don't see the problem with a logo or signage. This is a hotel after all...

Fairmont_Royal_York.jpg

Last edited:
From St. Andrews Club
dscf0241c.jpg

Toronto, in the above pic, really looks like a Brio Train village. Toronto certainly does not have the refined architecture or the "lived-in" look of older, more established metropolises. Having said that, I still love our skyline.

LOGO STATUS??? anyone?
was it cancelled?, or did they just decide to leave the building looking as is (which isn't too bad at all).

You get your wish Steveveveveve: there will be no logos on the Ritz-Carlton. We got the word on that today.

Toronto, in the above pic, really looks like a Brio Train village. Toronto certainly does not have the refined architecture or the "lived-in" look of older, more established metropolises. Having said that, I still love our skyline.

Well that area was pretty much low rise warehouse and rail lands not more that 25 years ago. Turn the camera the other way and you'll see something entirely different.

ritz is probably to embarrassed to have a logo because they don't want people to know that they put up a building in toronto.

You get your wish Steveveveveve: there will be no logos on the Ritz-Carlton. We got the word on that today.

finally. some confirmation :D

i'm in shock... i don't know what to say.... i mean, i'm not a huge fan of logos, but now that it's not happening, i really wanted to see it out of curiosity!!!... and now i'll never be able to see it!

i won't sleep well tonight.... or for the rest of my life... this will be hanging over my shoulders.... like a logo hanging from a skyscraper....

bittersweet moment i guess... :p

any idea why the scrapped it??? was the logo only for advertisement/marketing purposes? or did they not want to put out the money for it... or they just liked the look of it as is...
and in Ed007's photo of the ritz residence, what's happening in the photo? i can't really see it that well, either the glass is cracked or it's really bad weather!!!.... or both :eek:

Back