April 26th, this one should start to get interesting now.

2446147732_d88267e6e1_o.jpg

2445221517_b49ed5ed8f_o.jpg

oh ya, makes me giggly everytime the Ritz gets closer to vertical! Might this be the first of the 'non-box' designs to become a reality? I think the sloped roof and slanted south wall is going to make a huge impact on the skyline!

From Wednesday's Globe (condo advertising supplement):

"Graywood expects to complete the podium by end of June and be up to the 21st and 22nd floors, where the transition between The Ritz-Carlton Hotel and the Condominium Residences takes place, by the end of November."

So, if I calculate that correctly, that is just under a floor per week, which would give them 21 floors in six months from June..I guess its doable, the summer months are the best for construction, so it is not impossible.

p5

I want to take this opportunity to start a rumour about the potential construction of yet another CN Tower. It will be marketed the world over.

Hey, why not?

Buy into the rumour now for pre-construction pricing.

I like how the ad makes it look like it's in the middle of a forest or field... no hint of B/A or any surrounding buildings. Deceptive, to say the least.

^ You wouldn't see B/A from that angle. You would however see the CN Towers.
^ I agree that some of these renderings are deceptive. People interested in an urban context would be turned off and those interested in a wide open space around would be disappointed once they see the actual site.

He probably meant RBC....

I would be very curious to go to that sales centre in India and see how they pitch the building, and toronto in general

At least they got the "one of the tallest free-standing structures in the world" part right. Blast you Burj Dubai!

Back