wait, are we asking frank gehry to not design things in toronto? he is an artist, and the AGO was magnificent. i would call him back to our city any day of the week. it beats the average "modern-glass-box-concrete-balcony-fill-a-hole" any day.

I shouldn't take much longer to build as it slopes out over the street. As the forms come up after a pour there will be small gaps, which will be easily filled as the other trades continue to work on existing forms. Also, I'm not sure if it is being poured in stages or not but, once a section of slab is poured and set, the wall forms imediately come up to be worked on. Its pretty much controlled chaos.

All those parking lots now either have towers built or under construction.

And underneath all those towers are parking lots. Multi-level parking lots. Somehow I doubt the actual inventory of available parking spots has decreased all that much with all this new construction.

And underneath all those towers are parking lots. Multi-level parking lots. Somehow I doubt the actual inventory of available parking spots has decreased all that much with all this new construction.

:cool: Clever....so you think you can jus pick a cond and wander into their parking lot and park there for the game?

Just park at Finch and take the subway down, or move into the city. Lamenting the loss of ample surface parking is a pretty stupid thing to do. Also, not every single building in the area is a condo with private parking.

:cool: Clever....so you think you can jus pick a cond and wander into their parking lot and park there for the game?

Condos aren't replacing the parking, it's mostly been commercial towers in that area. I'm sure RBC will have a large underground garage for the office workers, and ditto for Ritz. B/A already had a parking garage, Telus was formerly a brownfield (so no new parking isn't a net loss), MLS used to be a relatively small lot and now has six levels of underground parking. I'd pretty much be ready to wager that with all this construction there's been a net increase, even without getting into all the spots that are privately owned by condo dwellers

3264293915_b08a29e614_b.jpg

3265117150_977e569d9b_b.jpg

3264290695_50878337e0_b.jpg

3265039878_9291e58b18_b.jpg

3264213203_d595c901ba_b.jpg

Lamenting the loss of ample surface parking is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Holy crap - I wasn"t lamenting anything dumba** I simply commented on the fact the parking that the skydome was counting on has been lost. You'd think I insulted your mother or something.

ty ty rt great pis.. awsome .. keep up the great work.. as i keep watching on daily bases how our to construction crews are and can build anyting they set thier mind into..kudos to our hard working const.. teams around and in the downtown home core..

Holy crap - I wasn"t lamenting anything dumba** I simply commented on the fact the parking that the skydome was counting on has been lost. You'd think I insulted your mother or something.

I was always under the impression that the Dome was built where it was because of it's proximately to transit and to attract people downtown. If sufficient parking was a big priority then a location outside of the core would have been chosen.

Why do you feel the need to bring your car at all? If you want to visit, that's great, but do you really need to bring 4000 pounds of metal, rubber, and plastic with you as well? That's what I call a high maintenance princess. A car is great for trips to the country and hauling a television set around, but beyond that it's a bit much asking city folk to accommodate your car every time you want to come here. A coat and your hand bag is acceptable. Your own private Chevrolet, etc? Um, you're pushing it.

Last edited:
I simply commented on the fact the parking that the skydome was counting on has been lost.
From everything I've heard there's been an increase in public parking with all this construction, not a decrease. The parking that SkyDome was counting is more abundant than ever.

Last edited:
The reduction of surface parking lots can only be measured in a positive light. Whether the amount of parking available to visitors has increased or decreased is irrelevant to outcome of improved built-form.

Having said that, I agree with the poster that commented that the Rogers Centre was built with its proximity to transit. And it is not like the Jays bring in the crowds anymore anyway.

Back