I agree with the poster that commented that the Rogers Centre was built with its proximity to transit. And it is not like the Jays bring in the crowds anymore anyway.

Lately they have been in the middle of the pack in MLB attendance which is a bit better than a couple of years ago,if they can only be a contender this city just might go baseball crazy again.

Lately they have been in the middle of the pack in MLB attendance which is a bit better than a couple of years ago,if they can only be a contender this city just might go baseball crazy again.

I attend about 20-25 games a year and it depends on the day of the week and the opponent. 2 years ago they didn't play the Red Sox or the Yankees on a weekend and that killed their attendance. Last year both teams spent 2 or more weekend series in Toronto.

I ride my bike to the games.

I dunno... so far not sure if I like the color of those slabs.

I think it will work when viewed in context. - The podium's glass cage will draw your eyes away from the sides, but the detailing on the precast and the windows is still far above average. The little louvers/vents are very nice, I wish these could have been placed on the main glass facing the south into the park at Metro square.

The precast detailing is only on the bottom third of the Ritz (south and east/west elevations)... then the tower floorplate narrows for a half dozen floors before the south facade begins its cantilever/flare to the south.

Looks exactly the same as promised and provides some visual interest imo.

ritz.jpg

Agreed. The precast detailing will provide some visual distinctiveness to a very glassy neighbourhood.

Why do you feel the need to bring your car at all?

I’ve lived in Toronto for 35 years and one thing I have learned, you cannot count on Transit in Toronto. Toronto stopped the Spadina expressway back in 1971 with the notion they were going to promote transit instead. But the only transit they built since then is the Sheppard subway to nowhere. If they really want people to commit to transit (i.e. get rid of their 4,000 lb Chevrolets) they need to greatly improve transit capacity and increase the number of subway lines. Until then it’s just a dream.

Why do you feel the need to bring your car at all? If you want to visit, that's great, but do you really need to bring 4000 pounds of metal, rubber, and plastic with you as well?

Visit? I live here too, and it’s definitely not a Chevrolet. As I said before, transit doesn’t cover enough of the city to make it completely viable so I'll bring my car so I can get to where I need to go when I want to go there - Princess.:D

I’ve lived in Toronto for 35 years and one thing I have learned, you cannot count on Transit in Toronto. Toronto stopped the Spadina expressway back in 1971 with the notion they were going to promote transit instead. But the only transit they built since then is the Sheppard subway to nowhere. If they really want people to commit to transit (i.e. get rid of their 4,000 lb Chevrolets) they need to greatly improve transit capacity and increase the number of subway lines. Until then it’s just a dream.

Visit? I live here too, and it’s definitely not a Chevrolet. As I said before, transit doesn’t cover enough of the city to make it completely viable so I'll bring my car so I can get to where I need to go when I want to go there - Princess.:D

Amen good sir, AMEN!

Park your car at a subway station. Or just do anything.
Your ba-humbug attitude is very much full of self-pity. You aren't helping the city develop its transit by sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself... in your 4000lb. car ;)

Enough on car vs. transit in this thread. Take the discussion to somewhere in the Transportation or Issues forum. Thanks.

Park your car at a subway station. Or just do anything.
Your ba-humbug attitude is very much full of self-pity. You aren't helping the city develop its transit by sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself... in your 4000lb. car ;)

I hope you make more sense when you're sober.

Back