thanks for all those! The second last one is a gem of a shot! I'll have to remember that angle in the future (once Ritz is complete with sloped roof)

Sept 2

From Bloor
IMG_sept-02-09-0210.jpg

Here's a comparison of the Ritz over the past month or so...

I took both of these photos from roughly the same spot...

This photo below was taken on July 30, 2009:

3778635350_64e4a63120_b.jpg

And this was taken yesterday September 3, 2009:

3887885714_d1c4306ff8_b.jpg

This photo below I took also on July 30, 2009: ***Holy Crap I was accurate on these two (below)***

3778636944_bc7e99ee5e_b.jpg

And this was also yesterday, September 3, 2009:

3887094493_06f8efe154_b.jpg

I just though it would be cool to see how much progress was made in a little over a month...

All photos by me: steveve

Peace :) and let me know what you think...

***Thanks to all of you for the positive feedback...I really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
steveve gave me an idea......
2970205176_a64916f726_b.jpg

Taken 11 months ago by Mike In TO

to now, pic By steveve

3887094493_06f8efe154_b.jpg

Thats a huge change in that area in only 11 months.

Indeed Build Up... A HUGE change in the area... It's hard to imagine that another 2 years prior to your photo it there was only a parking lot there... Downtown Toronto has too many valuable lots that are currently parking spaces... For example Aura was (and still is as of this moment) a huge parking lot beside college park... Even festival tower/Bell lightbox was a parking lot 2 years ago... But I'm glad to see those kinds of spaces redeveloped into skyscrapers... "GREAT SUCCESS"

Peace :)

*And I'm glad that I have inspired someone today :) lol!

drum118 and steveve, thanks for your all your great work in this and the other threads. Your contributions are much appreciated. steveve, I have a 14 year-old nephew and he's a mature, bright, creative, cool guy just like you. I guess today 'the kids are alright,' as they say. Welcome to UT. Peace. ;)

drum118 and steveve, thanks for your all your great work in this and the other threads. Your contributions are much appreciated. steveve, I have a 14 year-old nephew and he's a mature, bright, creative, cool guy just like you. I guess today 'the kids are alright,' as they say. Welcome to UT. Peace. ;)

I do what I can ;)

Peace-

great stuf! :) and nice shots of the Ritz...

Here's the Ritz Cam:

video.mjpg

Peace :)

*Ps. to my count the Ritz is pouring the 43rd floor because the skylobby is on the 21st floor... but either way it's still near top-out!

Last edited:
mmm... I think this one will be topped out mid-november... After that it's just a matter of interior finishing,etc...

The hotel should open at the same time as the residences...

My estimate is that it will open in the spring of 2010...

The Ritz Carlton website says that the Toronto location will be opening in the summer of 2010. All I had to do was to find that out was to type ritzcarlton.com into the url field, and then click a few hyperlinks. I didn't have to give up anything other than time, nor did I have to offer any personal information: I think anybody could have looked that up.

yeah... you are right about the Ritz opening date...

It makes sense that it would be early summer 2010... Just look how long it took before the Bay Adelaide Centre opened after construction finished...

The Ritz Carlton website says that the Toronto location will be opening in the summer of 2010.

Just in time to work the kinks out of the place and be ready for VIP guests coming to TIFF 2010 at the Bell Lightbox.

Back