There's currently a Square with green space just to the south of the building but it does appear that there will be an outdoor lounge

Oh cool..

Isn't it kinda dumb that residents got to take one elevator to the sky lobby and then take another elevator to their condo... must increase travel time considerably.

Oh cool..

Isn't it kinda dumb that residents got to take one elevator to the sky lobby and then take another elevator to their condo... must increase travel time considerably.

Are there not direct elevators from the lower lobby? I'm just not sure. The Ritz website reads "Elevators - Private or semi-private, secure passenger elevators with a separate, high capacity service elevator serving all floors" - source.

There are other buildings where elevator changes are necessary, it must be a pain in the butt to take two elevators to get home.

Yup - residents at the RC will have to ride to the sky lobby in one elevator, before switching at that floor to their front door elevator - those shafts are somewhat scattered in the building, and would have disrupted the hotel floors, especially the ballrooms and spa floors, below.

I heard that there is a new Sales Centre for Ritz-Carlton being built on Front St.

Is there a new project on the way?

I heard that there is a new Sales Centre for Ritz-Carlton being built on Front St.

Is there a new project on the way?

That is correct stationcreek ... but its only a new presentation for Ritz-Carlton, rather than another new project ~

July 27, 2009

IMG_july-26-09-0213.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0214.jpg

Solaris -- Why would they need another sales centre? Hasn't this project hit its sales targets?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been following this project closely.

stationcreek ... considering their current sales office on the ground floor of the office tower @ 145 Wellington Street West is really just a temporary space, it is not unreasonable to expect the Ritz-Carlton to do a proper presentation centre to sell the remaining units (after all these ain't cheap products), just like what they had previously right on the construction site before it was torn down :)

Yup - residents at the RC will have to ride to the sky lobby in one elevator, before switching at that floor to their front door elevator - those shafts are somewhat scattered in the building, and would have disrupted the hotel floors, especially the ballrooms and spa floors, below.

Thanks 42, that makes perfect sense.

stationcreek ... considering their current sales office on the ground floor of the office tower @ 145 Wellington Street West is really just a temporary space, it is not unreasonable to expect the Ritz-Carlton to do a proper presentation centre to sell the remaining units (after all these ain't cheap products), just like what they had previously right on the construction site before it was torn down :)

If you look at the north side, you will see it setup to show model suite.

I saw a brochure for The Ritz Carlton in the Saturday National Post. It is great shot of dowtown with the Ritz but the top did not look as dramatic as the promo shot (the first shot in this thread). I hope it was just the angle, otherwise be prepared for a little disappointment.

Did anyone else see the brochure.

Brochure and Presentation Centre Opening Sep 26

I came across the above-mentioned brochure today. It is a very nice 55cm X 55cm blown up view of this

city.jpg

http://www.theresidencestoronto.com/promotion/index.html

It says

"Join us Saturday September 26th, 2009 for a five-star grand opening celebration of our new presentation centre and model suite.
Register now for your private invitation."

There is a "five-star grand opening luxury offer" available to purchasers during between Sep 23 and Oct 31, estimated value $8000, consisting of 1) the existing 10-year vacation offer; 2) a spa day for two; 3) a dinner for four; 4) a private party for twelve catered by the Ritz's executive chef; 5) six months of housekeeping.

The vacation offer is a $250,000 credit to be used for one vacation per year for up to ten years at any Ritz worldwide, available to the next five purchasers between Sep 23 and Dec 31. This was originally introduced back in February for the next ten purchasers, so taken at face value implies they've only sold five units since February. Interestingly, although they have the standard disclaimers about the vacation offer having no cash value and not being transferable etc., they are allowing it to be transferred to subsequent purchasers of the same suite. I don't recall this detail in the earlier ads.

Yes that s the brochure I was talking about.
The top doesn't live up to the early promo
shots (but it never does in architecture).

Sept. 15th

The Ritz is beginning to have quite a dramatic presence from College & McCaul Sts.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back