^^Not to mention, those beams are part of a triangle which is partially imbedded in the ground as well- triangles are strong-yes!

Nonetheless, this project is really coming along and I am liking the way the cantilever is looking..

p5

Once the glass installation begins, we can officially say we have the best skyscraper under construction in Canada, right here in Toronto. - It honestly can't come fast enough....

We'll see....

^^^ I agree totally. The glass is going to make or break this building and perhaps this entire block as well. I think its best if it contrasts both RBC and Simcoe place, otherwise we have a pretty monotonous look happening here. I too am very much hoping for an ultra reflective silver as shown in that rendering by Cassius...

As posted numerous times, last reports are for completely transparent low-iron glass curtain wall (low iron ala 4 Seasons Centre).

Transparent.

Clear.

Colourless.

Expensive yes. Highly reflective, no.

Hope that's clear.

pun intended yes.

Been a while since we had an update on this one:

2755222913_eb0a5ebd56_b.jpg

joe joe joe : www.flickr.com

So what is this going to be? The driveway?

I hate it when a hotel lobby is not at street level with the main entrance.

I would go with driveway, but i'm not 100% sure. The entrance will obviously be somewhere there, but you'll go up to the lobby area to check in, etc.

Back