could use confirmation on those with posted heights as well - FCP (city tallest) & HVE2, Exchange Tower, 2 Bloor E, 2 Bloor W (around 500 feet)

None of the heights are accurate.

City planning learned long ago (yes Mr. Hume) to use height to the ceiling of the top occupied floor "plus mechanical".

Even the project summary rarely references the total height.

By similarly lowering the resolution of the on-line PDFs, no-one can zoom in and figure out the height to the top of the mechanical/architectural top of the elevations. The outside line that measure every thing in height.

Which leaves us with a bunch of towers taller than they are (taller than they are? what does that mean?).

the online bylaw ammendments are often pretty good sources for accurate height information

for example - the taller Met

metheight.jpg

and if I wasn't so lazy, cheap or made better use of my time, I could forgo the whole middleman and go right to the source

Well it would certainly be of interest to me. I can think of 2 projects in particular... the so-called 505' of RoCP1 and the south face of HVE2 (grade to top of the top).

I enjoy wasting entire days on useless detective work... send me to the source.

I enjoy wasting entire days on useless detective work... send me to the source

you got me once again

well .. if the .pdf is the middleman ...

the planner is the source

probably not what you were expecting ... oh well

since I've never seen a .pdf for RoCP or HVE ...

couldn't tell you which planner to make friends with

with a municipal address in hand, these guys should be able to help you though

Toronto City Clerk's Office : Contact the Bylaw Co-ordinator. The City Clerk's Office charges $0.50/page for photocopies. Location: 2-West Tower (2nd Floor), Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West. Phone: (416) 392-4364.

something of interest - The City of Montreal online mapping application has geodesic datum on almost every roof and street corner (essentially building heights for tens of thousands of building)

As you know I already annoy planners on a regular basis to provide breaking headlines to the UT News Dept. (eg. RoCP3).

I thought the "source" might be inanimate like a "readable" PDF.

Mind you some of the planners I've met could be described as inanimate.... ;-)

I thought the "source" might be inanimate like a "readable" PDF.

If that were the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation - perhaps some remnant of MrMan's UT thread where we all learned about geodesic datum still exists somewhere in cyberspace (i believe ground is 95m)

Apparently the RoCP building permit might have the ground level geodetic Datum or the actual height.

^have to leave the old domecile to see those too ;) and likely will not have the pertinent information

geodesic / geodetic - ahh ... close enough

give it a try

geodesic

shape of a curved surface

geodetic datum

measurement from sea level

i've never seen a ground level elevation given, usually what's given are the heights of the pins installed by the city on nearby hydro poles or bridges. getting those elevations are easy, you just call the city and give them the number of the pin.

Residences of College Park Towers I & 2 [RoCP]

RoCP

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

What's going on here?

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

Nice black granite strip being added to the podium

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

I asked my city councillor for some heights, and he forwarded it to the planners, who responded.

18 Yonge Street 39 storeys, 109 metres plus 5 metre mechanical

33 Bay Street
Northeast tower 40 storeys, metres, 117 metres plus 7 metre mechanical
Southeast tower 29 storeys, metres, 85 metres plus 7 metre mechanical
Southwest tower 45 storeys, metres, 127 metres plus 8 metre mechanical
Northwest tower 50 storeys, metres, 149 metres plus 8.4 metre mechanical

College Park Towers
671 Bay Street 46 storeys, 133.6 metres plus 6.1 metre mechanical
673 Bay Street 51 storeys, 148.5 metres plus 6.1 metre mechanical

Back