IMG_5557.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 456
Respectful scale for the sign. The worst tower signage I've seen recently is just north of city hall on the old Zurich building - the offensive "Tata Consultancy Services" sign emblazoned over the recladded building.

Agreed the Munich sign has no creativity involved. The Tata consultancy is atleast silly. It always makes me smirk.

I was hoping they would leave this side without a sign. But it's pretty non offensive.

Personally, I feel the nearby "Munich RE" sign at 390 Bay is worse.

All the more so for its replacing the venerable illuminated 390--arguably the Thomson complex's "redeeming factor" (at least to those who miss the Temple building)

All the more so for its replacing the venerable illuminated 390--arguably the Thomson complex's "redeeming factor" (at least to those who miss the Temple building)
Part of me does (and part doesn't) want to see a partial re-clad with a new-old-facadectamy of the Temple building.

Part of me does (and part doesn't) want to see a partial re-clad with a new-old-facadectamy of the Temple building.

Don't.

(Besides, if we were to time-travel back to 1969/70, I suspect we'd think much more highly of the presumably-extant interior. And remember my critique within this thread of the Concourse facadectomy.)

Not a fan of logos in general, but I think it works for the facade facing City Hall, which I've felt has always been the bland side of the building. It's not a bad logo either in comparison to others.

Back