I think it's moot point. Either way the place would be ready for the opening of the 2023 season, so another play off round would have been really nice.

It would have been :)
But construction projects being what they are, I'm sure that even if fans and tthe front office wanted another round, the foremen in charge of the construction are happy to have a bit of breathing room.

To be fair, anyone can go to the Sportsnet Grill and see the same view. Seems like someone at BlogTo got lunch. Or more likely they ripped the pictures they found online from someone else who went for lunch and took the photos originally.
Actually, that's SomeMidtowner...who used to write for here. And was a big stickler for posters citing photos that where not theirs. As well as highly accomplished at taking photo's himself...so I am going to say no to the claims being suggested here, lol. At least for this article in question.

I was under the impression that infield changes were also part of this round of renovations, but I guess that's coming another year?

They definitely teased that changes would take place infield too.
they always stated 100L infield changes would be next year for 2024 season. there are no renderings or images anywhere for 100L infield changes yet.

Those black spots visible after the 500 level seats were removed are concerning. I wonder how often they pressure wash the stands.
Maybe if we build an outdoor stadium then the seats will never be dirty because God will clean them for us.... Another good reason to spend a billion or two dollars Richard... I should have you as my financial advisor... Always words of wisdom.

Maybe if we build an outdoor stadium then the seats will never be dirty because God will clean them for us.... Another good reason to spend a billion or two dollars Richard... I should have you as my financial advisor... Always words of wisdom.

I challenge you to hold a baseball game at the end of March outdoors in Toronto or perhaps late October. The weather does not always cooperate.

Those interior shots are fascinating. Stoked to see the finished product and from the renders it looks fantastic. This baby still has life left in it.
I agree. I'm bullish on these renos. Even the minor changes they've made in the last 10 years have made a big difference. Really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

These renos will be game changing. My only concern is whether some idiot gets too drunk and falls off one of the 500 level outfield decks. Those railings better be tall enough.

1669228800868.png

These renos will be game changing. My only concern is whether some idiot gets too drunk and falls off one of the 500 level outfield decks. Those railings better be tall enough.

View attachment 440528

They are trying to create a Leafs Fan Deck style experience and I do not think it will work too well on the 500 level. You cannot see much of anything from up there.

If anything this will be an excuse for people to buy cheap seats and get s***faced at the game.

Back