I’m not that impressed with this phase. Maybe when more detailed renderings come I can see it better, but doesn’t seem all that much better to me.
The 100 level infield seats of most baseball stadiums look pretty similar. There's really only so much you can do (Make sure seats are angled toward the infield, better seats etc), it's not really a place to do something quirky. The outfield was the opportunity to do something distinct (which I think they did quite well).

Fixing the outfield seats down the lines will be big. And I'm sure the Blue Jays are expecting to make a lot of money with fancy new premium sections and those new clubs under the stands.

Curious if they're actually removing the [redacted] sponsorship from the right-field wall to make it transparent; first pic makes it seem so.

I believe that was the plan just going by this old render.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F16066147-87c6-487e-bb8e-5bfdf03b3d5d_1224x879.png

I think people tend to forget that this is just a rendering. It's basically an example of what you are going to get. Not all of it will be exact. It's only a visual to give you an idea of what to expect.

From what I can see I am thrilled. Since the start, the best part of this renovation I was looking forward to was the 100 level. I've been down there and it's brutal ( on the left field, 2nd row ). So to get a visual of the renderings I am very excited to see the changes on the 100 level. I'm sure once the construction starts and you get comparisons you'll understand more and hopefully the results are much more better in person.

Sorry to go off topic but with curiosity, how many phases will there be for the renovations of the Rogers Center? Is it 4?

Does anyone know what the next phases will be related to?

Ended up buying a pair of season seats for 2024 behind home plate but a bit further up. Possibility of moving up in the section depending on renewals of other STH’s. Excited to have better sightings and cup holders (finally!). Current STH number is around 12,000 which could go up or down depending on how this season goes, but the team anticipates an uptick.

I think the team scaled back some of the price increases after the bad press. The seats came out to just over $100 each for the entire season which is reasonable. Ultra premium seating in the new club sections is still extremely pricey given the new amenities, so those options were out of the question. You’re looking at $500 per seat per game and up.

A few players must be off with red cards? No umpires? The first baseman doesn‘t seem interested in the game.
A baseball team procured this? Kind of ironic. I‘m still excited about the renovations but I haven’t been back to the park yet.

• Haha
Reactions: max
I'm not sure what else they could have done with the lower bowl, but I'm definitely not as impressed as what they did with phase 1.

I mean, it is what it is. Phase 1 was certainly more dramatic, but that was due to how much was changed. Phase 2 is really all about having the seats facing the right direction, and moving them closer to the field. As it is right now, the corner seats are abysmal for sight lines. If you compare the new renderings, though, you can see how much steeper the new setup will be. I'm sure it will be more noticeable when you're actually sitting in these sections, though.

1464629457_68358119.jpeg

If the first few rows of seats are closer to the field in many spots and the top of section 100 (I.e. the concourse) remains the same, which it has to, how can the pitch be increasing? If anything, section 100 will be flatter not steeper.

#hypotenuse

I'm thinking more about the corners. Maybe it's just the angle, but in the new design the corner seats stretch right up to the top, whereas right now the highest seat is below the concourse.

If the first few rows of seats are closer to the field in many spots and the top of section 100 (I.e. the concourse) remains the same, which it has to, how can the pitch be increasing? If anything, section 100 will be flatter not steeper.

#hypotenuse
Judging by the new renders, it appears the entire 100 level pitch will increase, more so on the baseline corners, but even in the sections behind home plate. From my understanding, the tracks underneath the stands which served the stadium's multipurpose functions, takes up a decent amount of space and removing this track system should allow for a more baseball oriented sightlines.

#hypotenuse
It's a been a few years since I've been to a Jays game and sat in the 100 level, but I think those seats extended back so that the rear ones were well underneath the 200 level. In the artwork for the new seats, it looks like the 'new' 100 level may end at, or just in front of, the bottom of the 200 level.

Back