The area he shows st 8:20 is not a premium area. It's the new, field level accessible area though it sure is interesting that, as far as I can tell, there is one person with a walker and no one else who needs to be sitting there.

This is something I've noticed in general and it's pretty disgusting. I think people are getting the seats on places like StubHub and the stadium doesn't really have a way of policing it.

One of my hangups.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 131355.png

One of the Blue Jays related post I saw on LinkedIn today. The premium lounges are open.

Bar.jpeg

Blueprint Club.jpeg

Rogers Banner Club Lit Interior.jpeg

Rogers Banner Club.jpeg

TD Lounge Lit Interior.jpeg

TD Lounge.jpeg

Looking at those swanky lounges, Rogers must be extremely unhappy that the team is probably going to have to embark on a rebuild for at least a year or two.
Yes. I'm sure much of the appeal to building things like this was believing with a young, talented, and a top 10 payroll since 2021 their would be some results. Imagine how packed a place like this would be in the playoffs let alone the whole stadium. Instead they got a bottom 10 team when the core should coming into their primes.

Looking at those swanky lounges, Rogers must be extremely unhappy that the team is probably going to have to embark on a rebuild for at least a year or two.
Rogers doesnt care one iota seeing as they've been content with keeping the current management in place despite ruining the team.

Was at the game Friday evening. Seated in section 103 outfield. Seems like they removed some legroom from each row of seats in order to be able to squeeze another row of seats in. It was near Sunwing/Rouge level of tiny seating. My partner and I were literally rubbing shoulders the whole night. And the "heavier" couple seated in front of us, one had to wrap his arm around her shoulder just in order to fit into the seats. His elbow was practically in my groin!

I remember in the past that all the seats seemed to have somewhat similar dimensions, the only differentiating factor was that the higher end seats had cushioning.

Fascinating video from a channel that blends sports and geography very well.

1723423704387.jpeg

A visual from the 5:33 of the video that provide a rough approximation of what was reported in the Globe and Mail when it was leaked that Rogers Communication was seriously considering demolishing The Dome prior to the pivot to the now (mostly) completed renovations.

1723423939809.jpeg

A visual from the 5:45 mark of the video that offer a tangible picture of what a move to the Waterfront redevelopment would/could look like. (Based off the reporting in the 2020 Globe and Mail article that Rogers and the Jays were looking at a waterfront site as an alternative.)

Fascinating video from a channel that blends sports and geography very well.

View attachment 587658

A visual from the 5:33 of the video that provide a rough approximation of what was reported in the Globe and Mail when it was leaked that Rogers Communication was seriously considering demolishing The Dome prior to the pivot to the now (mostly) completed renovations.

View attachment 587659

A visual from the 5:45 mark of the video that offer a tangible picture of what a move to the Waterfront redevelopment would/could look like. (Based off the reporting in the 2020 Globe and Mail article that Rogers and the Jays were looking at a waterfront site as an alternative.)

This video has come on my feed a bunch of times but I never watched it because I don't think anybody really knows what the plan is. I don't even thinks Rogers knows what they want to do.

Last edited:
Its worth a lesson to Mike Wilner's Deep Left Field Podcast this week. He talks with Geddy Lee about a whole bunch of fascinating stuff but Geddy takes some solid shots at the front office and talks about how the new clubs and seats are nice but the price increases were so steep that even he moved back a few rows. And he doesn't like the TD branding on the backstop either.

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1
Its worth a lesson to Mike Wilner's Deep Left Field Podcast this week. He talks with Geddy Lee about a whole bunch of fascinating stuff but Geddy takes some solid shots at the front office and talks about how the new clubs and seats are nice but th4 price increases were so steep that even he moved back a few rows. And he doesn't like the TD branding on the backstop either.

This is my beef with Rogers.

They are focusing too much on the stadium experience and not enough on the actual on field product.

Ticket prices have gone through the roof stadium wide and it is bringing the Jays in line with the Leafs.

I used to go to a few games every year but ever since they started dynamic pricing and increasing overall prices it is impossible.

I remember when you could get 100 level seats for 75-ish dollars. Now depending on the game they range anywhere from 110 to almost 300.

Maybe they are taking a leaf from the Leafs playbook and think that no matter how bad the team is, people will still pay fist fulls of money to come see them lose.

Maybe they are taking a leaf from the Leafs playbook and think that no matter how bad the team is, people will still pay fist fulls of money to come see them lose.

These are not the Leafs.

History has shown in the past that people will stop coming if they can't win games.

The Jays used to be the team you took the family to see in the summer because it was a cheap, fun day out.

Now, it's no longer cheap and they are trying to cram seats whereever they can.

I suspect that the team from Owners to Bench Staff will be having a chat in the off season. If they keep focusing on the stadium experience while letting the team suffer I can see heads rolling.

Back