40 Temperance Street

I was rushing along Temperance Street this morning and saw a new Committee of Adjustment notice for 40 Temperance - north side of the street between Bay and the Cloud Garden park. Coming to CofA in September for permission for a 35 (?) floor office building. CofA agenda is not yet posted. Can someone post a photo of the notice?

Que the post about how we are like Guelph or Saskatoon because our city politicians are "not allowing" a higher building on this site.

Que the post about how we are like Guelph or Saskatoon because our city politicians are "not allowing" a higher building on this site.

Some people are oddly concerned with height. I think there is a very legitimate concern with density here. If you add the total density of all three towers, it's quite a lot.

Many admire height yet refuse to understand it. They tend to mock those that do too.

Notice said 32 storey mixed use building with retail at grade.

Meeting is September 3rd

The C of A agenda is posted. The essence of the application is:

40 TEMPERANCE ST
File Number:
A0189/14TEY
Zoning
CR T12.0 C8.0 R11.7 & By-laws 998-88 and 460-2006 (Waiver)
Ward:
Toronto Centre-Rosedale (28)
Property Address:
40 TEMPERANCE ST
Community:
Toronto
Legal Description:
PLAN TOWN OF YORK PT LOTS 2 & 3 RP 66R16814 PARTS 1,6,9,14 AND 15
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To alter the redevelopment plan for a 32-storey mixed-use office building with retail at grade, approved under By-law 998-88 and further amended by By-law 460-2006, by decreasing the number of loading spaces, as well as street related retail and service uses aggregate areas along Temperance Street and Richmond Street West, while increasing the non-residential and residential gross floor areas of the Bay-Adelaide lands, and the building heights for Parcel B as outline on Map B in By-law 460-2006.

Details are #36 at: http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...pdf/C/C of A TEY Agenda September 3, 2014.pdf

Also from that document, the height is 141m

Hi, to clarify, is this 141m height the currently approved height for that parcel of land, which the developer wants to increase further (as part of their desire to increase the gross floor area)? Put another way, could there be an increase in height to this building above 141m? Thanks!

I think they were already approved at 141m. Perhaps the application here is for the height of the rest of the development?

I think they were already approved at 141m. Perhaps the application here is for the height of the rest of the development?

Their application to C of A rreads:

Section 4(3), By-law 998-88 as amended by By-law 460-2006
The maximum permitted heights are 20.0 m, 120.0 m, 20.0 m and 12.0 m, as shown on Map B, By-law 460-2006.
Parcel B will have heights of 43.0 m, 141.05 m and 12.0 m, as shown on attached Revised Map B (date stamped received by Committee of Adjustment on July 15, 2014).

This means (to me anyway) that they NOW have permission for 20.0 m, 120.0 m, 20.0 m and 12.0 m, They WANT to have 43.0 m, 141.05 m and 12.0 m

No big deal, the sky should be the limit here
Oh well,....i guess there is always that issue with NPS, that comes into the equation in this CBD area with no height limits

Except the proponent clearly isn't asking for the sky here - and be careful what you ask for - a taller tower might mean no tower elsewhere at all.

AoD

Back