I'll tack on here that Eataly is coming to Sherway.

I posted the press release elsewhere, so I'll link to the Retail-Insider story here:

From the above:

View attachment 432368
Looks like this location will be small by Eataly standards at 25,000-30,000f2

View attachment 432372

Note the adjacency to Saks.
Why do I have a feeling Saks / Pusateri will be gone soon and Holts will be back at Sherway with Eataly coming...

As doesn't the Weston's have ownership in Eataly in Canada, so would make sense to have them together. Otherwise it does seem like a very odd location for Eataly as I would expect them to want more visibility like on the front side of the mall?

It does look like 2 floors so will it be closer to 45-50k sq ft?

Why do I have a feeling Saks / Pusateri will be gone soon and Holts will be back at Sherway with Eataly coming...

Haven't heard anything on that yet; but wouldn't surprise me.

As doesn't the Weston's have ownership in Eataly in Canada,

Yes, that's correct.

it does seem like a very odd location for Eataly

It simply does seem odd to me, it seems out of step w/their brand globally. I would add Manulife was also a bit of a departure; but at least the neighbourhood there made sense.

Apparently Pusateri Sherway is closing end of January... store was very empty today with all counters already closed (meat, cheese) and no produce...Employee said end of January...

No, as I have mentioned before in the Sherway Mall thread, there is a protected alignment for the subway extension, if it's ever built. Anyone planning buildings in the area has to stay clear of the alignment.

This is from the general Rapid Transit Expansion Study of 2002. I know there's an older, more precise document out there, just can't find it at the moment.

View attachment 362464

Is the TTC allergic to cost savings? I've been trying to find the Line 2 extension specific routing and cannot believe the TTC planned it wholly tunneled????

For reference, this is what some of the rail corridor the TTC wanted to tunnel under looks like. It's not even like we don't have the precedent for CP letting the city use this rail corridor for transit, that's how it gets to Kipling Station. No wonder the province took all transit expansion powers from the city these morons couldn't put a lego set together.
1697473378653.png

Back