News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The concept of 'tried as an adult' no longer exists in Canada. Yes, trials would proceed under the provisions of the YCJA and, if convicted, they could be 'sentenced as adults'. Correction to above - this applies to convicted offenders who are 14 or older, not 13 as I mentioned above
Right, so 3 of the 8 girls will pretty much skate on these charges. And even if the remaining 5 are sentenced as adults, we all know this is Canada and they wont serve much more then 3 to 5 years in jail (if that).

With time off for pretrial custody they could be out in less then 2 years

Last edited:
Reminds me of the early videos of 'Second Chance' body armour testing it on himself. 'Stab' and 'slash' resistant require a different weave and layering. The whacking with the machette and baseball bat are just for show - it's simply energy dissipation. I'm sure there's a market there - somewhere. They're awfully fun the wear in the summer.

With the ways things are going on the TTC, you might wanna invest in one of these.....LOL

Wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing TTC operators wearing tactical vests like the police, bylaw officers and even the SPCA officers wear vests.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing TTC operators wearing tactical vests like the police, bylaw officers and even the SPCA officers wear vests.
I think they already get bulletproof vests. But what they dont get is tasers, which I think is ridiculous.
AFAIK they're only equipped with pepper spray

I think they already get bulletproof vests. But what they dont get is tasers, which I think is ridiculous.
AFAIK they're only equipped with pepper spray

Perhaps some operators might might have bought their own vests but I'd be very surprised. For them to be issued it would have to be a budget item that would make the news and I've heard nothing of this. I would if anything their union might push it but I haven't heard anything. In terms of 'bullet proof' (more accurately 'bullet resistant', I'm not sure the threat level numbers would support the argument. Slash/stab perhaps - different animal.

"Operators" carrying conducted energy weapons ("Tasers") or incapacitating spray ("pepper spray")? This would require a federal legislative change since they are both prohibited weapons and transit operators aren't an exempt class. TTC special constables and/or fare compliance personnel may be - I haven't researched it.

Firearms are a small risk to TTC operators. What they need is protection from edged weapons, noxious fluids and aerosols, and seemingly BB-guns. So I hope any vests are stab proof.

Stab someone in the neck (which couldve easily severed an artery) and only get 18 months

Stab someone in the neck (which couldve easily severed an artery) and only get 18 months

the court was swayed by all the chaos in the criminal's life, the fact that he chose to consume drugs/booze doesn't enter into the equation, the way the prison system is now he might not make it out alive. Long ago they sent young men into the army to get some routine in their lives, called in National Service. Now we pat them on the head and tell them all will be well, it's not their fault. Sad all round.

Back