News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Hi there, I'm new, old as dirt and about as bright. I've become a bit of a shut-in and my photography has followed suit. Crap. But at least I have some ok views. I am so impressed by much of the photography I see here, just so beautiful. Thank you!

This first is a bit of a cloud fart. Ha!
DSC_0013 - Version 2.jpg

Looking East from Allen Rd and Eglinton.

Attachments

• DSC_0013 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC_0013 - Version 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,724
I often shoot the skyline, the spine, as it were, from my balcony. It's amazing to me how much it changes with the weather conditions and my mood! I'm not entirely indebted to this or anything else in the environment. But it changes, and it's beautiful and different as the weather every day. I love that.

DSC_0010 - Version 2.jpg

I do not have the elegance or subtlety of photoshop skills but I do have at least some real experience. I do not like the current favour for high intensity everything, including colour and light. I love it when it's natural, you know? When out of the blue the sky turns purple with storm... you know.

Attachments

• DSC_0010 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC_0010 - Version 2.jpg
    894.4 KB · Views: 2,581
DSC_0006.jpg

Almost devoid of colour but so much like a puppet box of storm.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 2,577
Jill: nice shots. I appreciate the fact that your work doesn't look so glaringly digital. Share more when the inspiration strikes!

Great shot, reminds me of a shot of Manhattan next to Central Park, and we've still many more towers to come. One thing I love about our skyline, aside from it being one of the best in the world?, it's how different it can look depending upon where you're viewing it from.

^I like that as well. Sometimes having to take a minute to figure out which direction the photo could have been taken from. The recent construction boom has made this game even more interesting.

PS: Jill, that last one you posted is hella interesting.

PPS: You guys should sell your images to IKEA. I was there yesterday and they have three prints of photos of the skyline for sale and I'm fairly certain they're all from the 90s.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, appreciate your comment so.

Your compliment is graciously accepted Mr. Bishop. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken from my balcony.....the ever-growing Southcore :)

TO-S.JPG

Attachments

• TO-S.JPG
    TO-S.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:

Back