The design only had 45 Bay plastered all over it and appears on the SITQ site. It is the working design but, with every commercial development, it's build to suit. No doubt SITQ will make the necessary design adjustments to sign a long term lead such as CF did for RBC. RBC wanted larger floorplates which led to a taller podium and shorter tower.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 10 255756 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Dec 10, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - permit for construction of new mixed use building with Hotel and Retail uses. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDERGROUND PARKING GARAGE WILL SERVICE HOTEL BUILDING AS WELL AS NEW OFFICE BUILDING TO BE APPLIED FOR AT A LATER DATE ON THE SAME SITE. - 47 Storey Hotel. 566 rooms - 3 levels of underground parking - 379 parking spaces - plus 26 small car parking spaces - all spaces to be divided between buildings. - SEE REFERENCE PACKAGE OF NEW OFFICE BUILDING.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 10 255756 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Dec 10, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - permit for construction of new mixed use building with Hotel and Retail uses. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDERGROUND PARKING GARAGE WILL SERVICE HOTEL BUILDING AS WELL AS NEW OFFICE BUILDING TO BE APPLIED FOR AT A LATER DATE ON THE SAME SITE. - 47 Storey Hotel. 566 rooms - 3 levels of underground parking - 379 parking spaces - plus 26 small car parking spaces - all spaces to be divided between buildings. - SEE REFERENCE PACKAGE OF NEW OFFICE BUILDING.

Interesting – with all the talk about the need for office space, both ICE and now this project are holding back on office space that could easily be in the ground in January – and building the office tower at the same time as the adjacent building would be so much cheaper.

I guess we have to read something from this – the office market isn’t nearly as strong as the reports were telling us.

Interesting – with all the talk about the need for office space, both ICE and now this project are holding back on office space that could easily be in the ground in January – and building the office tower at the same time as the adjacent building would be so much cheaper.

I guess we have to read something from this – the office market isn’t nearly as strong as the reports were telling us.

Yeah, but with Ice they did not even excavate for the office building..here it looks like they are going to excavate the whole lot, which again makes me think that in a years time when it reaches ground level the office component may be ready to proceed. Dont know..:confused:

I personally don't think the market is that hot ..

Having said that, this likely means nothing ... they're just as likely to apply for the office building in the next week or so i.e. there's no indication of how long it'll be.

Well taal..from reading your past posts on proposed office space in Toronto, i wouldnt expect anything else other than that remark.:)

;) Most of us agreed about my views in regards to the suburban Toronto office market (i.e. outer 416).

Anyway, I'll rephrase that a little ... the market is doing a lot better then many / most predicted - there were many preconditions for 14%+ vacancy rates by this point - and it just didn't happen. In fact quite the opposite did.

All I really mean is there's a large block of vacancies in our older AAA buildings. But you know what, everything single new large scale office development is 85% leased or more - including RBC / Telus / BA / MLS / Price water house.

So I guess that should tell us there is demand - at least in the core for new space.

Anyway, I'm still predicting this building goes up NOW (the office component) all press releases have indicated that much - why would they suddenly change their mind ? The ICE project office component hasn't even been marketed yet!
i.e. BA2 is farther along as they've already starting pre-leasing - a couple other projects as well - this doesn't mean they'll start but still ...

Back