Bremner Tower is going ahead. Royal and SunAlliance Canada signed on as the lead tenant.
The is very great news to hear.

Answered my own question:

"Some of the tenants joining anchor tenant PwC, a leading accounting and consulting firm will be: RSA Canada, a leading Canadian personal and commercial P&C insurer; SNC-Lavalin, an engineering, procurement, construction and related technical services organization; and Avison Young, Canada's largest independently-owned commercial real estate services company. Occupancy will begin in the Fall of 2011."

With Aura across the street I can see 70-80 floors here, with the first 30 being Hotel and the top all condos. The Residences at the Delta has a nice sound to it.

(Image courtesy Google Streetview here: http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl )

i agree with that, this would be a great place for the next big thing. supertall is always nice, but i think something around 200m - 225m would look nicer in context with the area, maybe something not as tall as aura.

as regards to this delta, i'd rather see this go down than the old four seasons, but this building is MAMMOTH! i have no idea how they would take it down,

June 23
5866240113_46476b5b75_b.jpg

5866241719_8fa0b7b4c1_b.jpg

5866798364_8b6f78833a_b.jpg

Jasonzed - cheers for all the good work you do around here. Whenever I see your name updating a thread i nearly break my wrist clicking on it

Jasonzed - cheers for all the good work you do around here. Whenever I see your name updating a thread i nearly break my wrist clicking on it

word!... no doubt, when this guy updates... he updates BIG! every single thread in my inbox has a new photo now :D!. Jasonzed FTW!

*how deep is this one going down again? 4 floors?

Incredible tothink we have seven buildings under consrtruction within one block of each other.

SouthcoreIce.jpg

It's amazing that even though I check the P&C threads almost every day, I still had no idea there's a nearly 50-storey Delta going in this location. Some stuff just seems to fly under the radar.
It's also amazing what a wasteland this area used to be. There was basically nothing between the rail tracks and the Gardiner until about 8-10 years ago.

I wonder how the view from Hamilton will be impacted, esp w/ the 60+ storey Ice condos. As it stands, you can see the obvious towers (and Skydome, err, Rogers Ctr). Wonder if ICE (and the Delta, I suppose) will play a significant role in the skyline view from across the Lake.

Back