For some reason I always feel like buying TBMs are a major part of the expense, when it turns out the capital cost is just a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of operating them. It makes perfect sense then, why it's better to get rid of the old ones and spend a little extra cash upfront to buy new ones that could run more efficiently and save all kinds of labour costs

For some reason I always feel like buying TBMs are a major part of the expense, when it turns out the capital cost is just a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of operating them. It makes perfect sense then, why it's better to get rid of the old ones and spend a little extra cash upfront to buy new ones that could run more efficiently and save all kinds of labour costs

What surprised me was how much higher performance the TYSSE ones were compared to the ones used for Sheppard. Will be interesting to see if the ECLRT ones follow that trend of 5-8% improvement per annum.

AoD

TTC sues contractor over Vaughan Metropolitan Centre subway station
CEO Andy Byford says scheduled opening in fall 2016 will be 'a challenge'
Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-metropolitan-centre-subway-station-1.2741428

Interesting, the whole time they seemed to be saying the construction contractors were at fault for the delays, now it seems like the engineer might be at fault here. Arup is an enormous engineering firm, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

Interesting, the whole time they seemed to be saying the construction contractors were at fault for the delays, now it seems like the engineer might be at fault here. Arup is an enormous engineering firm, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out...
Different delays at different stations.

The 3 stations that TTC have consistently identified as running very late are Pioneer Village (Steeles West), York University, and Highway 407. Although they are suing here, Vaughan Mafia Centre issues don't seem to be the holding up the opening.

On a lighter note, here is how the York U station is looking these days...Much ado.
20140821_113556 (1024x768).jpg

Attachments

• 20140821_113556 (1024x768).jpg
    20140821_113556 (1024x768).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,381
Steeles Avenue West is three lanes each direction in some areas, two lane each direction in some others. Wondering if Steeles Avenue West will be widened to three lanes each direction, especially near or approaching the Pioneer Village Station? Maybe even putting HOV, or preferably, reserved bus lanes only on Steeles Avenue West?

Steeles Avenue West is three lanes each direction in some areas, two lane each direction in some others. Wondering if Steeles Avenue West will be widened to three lanes each direction, especially near or approaching the Pioneer Village Station? Maybe even putting HOV, or preferably, reserved bus lanes only on Steeles Avenue West?
What's the ultimate capacity?

There is plans for rapid transit on Steeles in the 25-year portion of Metrolinx's Big Move plan.

What's the ultimate capacity?

There is plans for rapid transit on Steeles in the 25-year portion of Metrolinx's Big Move plan.

I think you mean, from this link:

Rapid transit on Steeles Avenue in Brampton will connect the Lisgar GO station to Highway 427.

I meant within along the north border of Toronto.

Back