Yorkdale had specific lots for commuter parking until about ± a year ago.....they signs went up, the commuter parking ended and a discussion took place here.......it has to do with mall expansion and the loss of parking spaces......it may even be temporary (I can't recall)

Yorkdale had specific lots for commuter parking until about ± a year ago.....they signs went up, the commuter parking ended and a discussion took place here.......it has to do with mall expansion and the loss of parking spaces......it may even be temporary (I can't recall)
It is temporary.

See www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/Yorkdale_Parking_Lot_closure.jsp where it notes that "Yorkdale Shopping Centre TTC commuter parking will resume Fall 2015".

Odd, I thought that the lost commuter lot capacity was going to be picked up by the spadina extension and that the garage at yorkdale would not be replaced, a Nordstrom with a smaller underground valet garage is going in its place.

From the air, Friday the 11th:

Finch West:
P1400917.jpg

York U:
P1400918.jpg

Pioneer Village:
P1400919.jpg

Highway 407, Vaughanishness:
P1400920.jpg

Attachments

• P1400917.jpg
    P1400917.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 690
  • P1400918.jpg
    P1400918.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 553
  • P1400919.jpg
    P1400919.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 576
  • P1400920.jpg
    P1400920.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 605
Looks like Sim City from up there.

Can't wait to take the subway to Ikea at Vaughanishness Station! :D

So the last two subway extensions in Toronto were to Ikeas (Sheppard too). It's clearly a conspiracy by Ikea, just like that cute monkey.

I move to rename the Spadina Extenion to "North West Ikea to Downtown Furniture pipeline". Can't wait to carry a couch into the subway.

Also Park Place is essentially a condo village created in order to create customers for Ikea. Their meatballs are good though.

Last edited:
So the last two subway extensions in Toronto were to Ikeas (Sheppard too). It's clearly a conspiracy by Ikea, just like that cute monkey.

I'm surprised andrewpmk hasn't picked up on the conspiracy.

Can't wait to carry a couch into the subway.

I saw two guys shoving a mattress into a subway train a few weeks ago. I guess we can expect more of this.

I brought a 54" body pillow on the subway; I bought that pillow from the Bed, Bath, and Beyond at Yonge and Gerrard.

The Ikea is kind of inaccessible from the subway, unless you are willing to haul a couch over a km on 1 meter wide sidewalks through big box plazas, parking lots, and an 8 lane road, of course.

Back