I've walked the very sidewalks I am discussing, and trust me, I'm not lazy, its just not really possible. crossing Highway 7 in a slow waddle due to you carrying a couch will result in you getting hit as you wouldn't have enough time to cross the street..

^^That won't be a problem when the subway opens, because the Viva transferway will be open as well so you can cross halfway and wait in the middle until the next green light. ;)

Last edited:
That shot I labeled Finch West really just catches the very north end of it, most of it is in more built-up area. The hydro corridor and some of York U's land certainly leaves a lot of undeveloped space in the area though.

BTW, I wish the window hadn't been so clouded with crap on it, but I figured you'd still like to see the images.

^^That won't be a problem when the subway opens, because the Viva transferway will be open as well so you can cross halfway and wait in the middle until the next green light. ;)

How many of the large signalled intersections with a safety island, have a pedestrian signal button at the safety island? Very, very, very, very few. The only ones I seen are along St. Clair Avenue West, Parkside & Lake Shore Blvd., or those with wide safety islands.

If one makes it to the safety island, they would have to rely on some other human to press a pedestrian island. Hopefully, the signalled intersections at or near the new stations will have pedestrian buttons of their safety islands.

You guys jest, but I remember numerous times where my mother would take TTC to Ikea and have my father or I pick her up with purchases by car hours later. I expect that kind of scenario to increase with this extension.

How many of the large signalled intersections with a safety island, have a pedestrian signal button at the safety island? Very, very, very, very few. The only ones I seen are along St. Clair Avenue West, Parkside & Lake Shore Blvd., or those with wide safety islands.

If one makes it to the safety island, they would have to rely on some other human to press a pedestrian island. Hopefully, the signalled intersections at or near the new stations will have pedestrian buttons of their safety islands.

The existing Viva Rapidways have pedestrian signals on the safety islands.

You guys jest, but I remember numerous times where my mother would take TTC to Ikea and have my father or I pick her up with purchases by car hours later. I expect that kind of scenario to increase with this extension.

I expect both IKEAs (Leslie/Sheppard) (HWY7/Jane) to see the cash cows they are sitting on and sell their land off for development. Sheppard and Leslie IKEA to move first.

Why? The useless billion dollar hole in the ground on Sheppard is 10 years old and IKEA hasn't made any indication they plan to sell.

Why? The useless billion dollar hole in the ground on Sheppard is 10 years old and IKEA hasn't made any indication they plan to sell.

They're probably making tons of money from people furnishing their new condos near by.

Concord condo ads are the worst by the way.

IKEA won't sell until park place is finished.

Remember that IKEAs are huge facilities that are nowhere near cheap to construct, it's not like a walmart. A new location likely requires close to $100 million in capital, and exiting the central Toronto market is likely not worth the recouped land costs.

If they can find another site it may make sense, but I'm doubtful. Those IKEAs probably aren't going anywhere.

^isn't their investment a few bits of interconnecting metal, some screws and a hex key? I think the instruction manual is just a photocopy each time too.

Back