I've looked at plans that were made public for all six stations, and there are no washrooms indicated on any of them except for in the bus terminal at Highway 407 station in the non-fare paid area. Maybe there are washrooms in the YRT bus terminals at VMC and PV stations, but I don't have floor plans for those. Maybe there are washrooms in the other stations in areas that are generically labeled 'services'; certainly all of these stations have quite large 'back of house sections', large enough that I cannot imagine how they will use all of the spaces. Maybe we ill get better public plans, but more likely we have to wait for the stations to open.

I've looked at plans that were made public for all six stations, and there are no washrooms indicated on any of them except for in the bus terminal at Highway 407 station in the non-fare paid area.
There have to be washrooms at Vaughan Centre to meet the building code. Presumably then, they simply aren't shown on those plans.

I'd think Downsview Park as well, with the GO interchange - though that could be part of the GO structure that also isn't shown.. Ultimately, I'd think there'd have to be one at Finch West where it interchanges to the Finch West line.

There have to be washrooms at Vaughan Centre to meet the building code. Presumably then, they simply aren't shown on those plans.

I'd think Downsview Park as well, with the GO interchange - though that could be part of the GO structure that also isn't shown.. Ultimately, I'd think there'd have to be one at Finch West where it interchanges to the Finch West line.

There are several GO stations without ticket agents or indoor waiting rooms with washrooms such as Acton, Linconville, Kennedy, Centennial, and York University. Exhibition Station now has an agent at most times, but does not (IIRC) have public washrooms. I wonder if GO's station at Downsview Park will be so equipped.

There are several GO stations without ticket agents or indoor waiting rooms with washrooms such as Acton, Linconville, Kennedy, Centennial, and York University. Exhibition Station now has an agent at most times, but does not (IIRC) have public washrooms. I wonder if GO's station at Downsview Park will be so equipped.

Pretty sure washroom facilities at Exhibition station are provided by those Johnny on the spot type things that are there whenever I have been there (which, admittedly is only during the TFC season typically).

Which stations on the Spadina Subway extension will have public washrooms?

From your posts, I get the impression that either you plan to be the first customer to "break in" the washrooms on opening day or that you have IBS and that this is a concern for when you use the new subway extension.

I agree with junctionist. Nothing wrong with asking if the stations have bathrooms. A huge amount of people use the subway, sometimes, bathrooms are needed.

His health is his private business. The concern is valid--there aren't that many washrooms in the system.

It was an unfunny joke, my apologies to wklis.

I agree with junctionist. Nothing wrong with asking if the stations have bathrooms. A huge amount of people use the subway, sometimes, bathrooms are needed.

Maybe they should display some sort of washroom symbol on the subway/RT maps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent shots of construction at Pioneer Village station are part of a new front page story on it.

Question:
Were there ever any nice aerial shots of the Downsview retrieval shaft?

There seem to have been lots of pictures of (new) Downsview Park, Finch West, and York University, (and a quick search seems to work for the others as well) but I've had trouble finding anything for the (I guess un-sexy) connection to the existing network.

Markster—I haven't seen any.

Meanwhile, the stations continue to rise. Here's Highway 407 Station on the front page.

Back