It's interesting that the photo shows a complete absence of any buildings around the station. Which I guess is consistent with transit planning in Toronto.

1. This station is not in Toronto
2. It is being at a highway intersection

It's interesting that the photo shows a complete absence of any buildings around the station. Which I guess is consistent with transit planning in Toronto.

Normally I'd completely agree but this station exists for a connection to the highway and future transit-way. It's meant to be an interchange rather than a destination in itself. But in general, Toronto could do a much better job of integrating stations with development, having developers pay for much of the station structure and embed it into office/apartment buildings, instead of having large expensive structures whose sole purpose is to act as an entrance.

All corn fields need a subway station. Just don't ask the scarecrow for directions.

Also, agricultural land is taxed much lower than "empty" land (or maybe it's not taxed at all? I forget...) so it's rather common for developers to let stuff grow there until they're ready to build, when and where they can.

No, there was a plan for offices in the empty space west of the station, next to the 400 NB to 407 EB ramp.

No way, no how. Someone was pulling your leg.

That land is owned by the MTO (and has been for decades), and has been earmarked for the 407 Transitway.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

No way, no how. Someone was pulling your leg.

That land is owned by the MTO (and has been for decades), and has been earmarked for the 407 Transitway.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Development concepts have been made and given to ORC for those lands that incorporates the Transitway alignment, though it's been a few years since I've seen them. I don't know the current status or if changes were made, but certainly the idea was to have some office commercial development and transfer between subway/transitway.

Back