On a darkly humorous note, what would it take to redevelop the graveyard across 407 Station? lol

Actually, there are high-rise cemeteries already around the world.

1413549301791_wps_24_In_this_Oct_13_2014_photo.jpg

1413549052124_wps_20_This_Monday_Oct_6_2014_ph.jpg

See link.

@thettctransitfanatic The Vaughan SP applies to the area around PV Station. Question about said SP: it shows a bunch of streets emerging onto Steeles - are they all to be signaled intersections? If so, that would make Steeles unbearable (even worse than the Jane and Keele intersections already are at rush) for both drivers and users of the 60 bus. If it were up to me, I would make those streets right in, right out and make the new primary east-west street also a right in right out. Want to go north on Keele? Sure, take the west exit and take another right on Hwy 7 to reach Keele. Want to go north on Jane? Take the east exit and another right on Steeles to reach Jane. Left turns will snarl Steeles and Keele traffic too much.

Oh, why am I not surprised ?

Didn't they try that in Poltergeist? From what I recall it didn't work out so well.

More likely Mount Pleasant Cemetary could expand OVER the Davisville Yards first, with a high-rise cemetery there. No one resting there would complain about the noise.

1545527781782.png

Here’s a change of topic.

Google Maps still doesn’t show the yellow line for the TYSSE, even though someone said months ago that they were working on it.

Why does one of the world’s largest companies take months and months to draw a stupid line a map?
Google is woefully bloated and instead focuses on such stuff as tracking jolly old elves and transforming street layouts into mazes to collect pellets.

Even OpenStreetMaps has Line 5!

Guess what? Nobody is paid even a single cent to add stuff to OpenStreetMaps and does a much better job (when it comes to public transit infrastructure and municipal boundaries) than GIS technicians who are paid six-digit figures annually with all sorts of benefits.

Last edited:
Have you ever Google something and try to link to it? The link takes forever because of all the extra complicated code they include. Have to copy and paste the link to https://urlclean.com/ to get rid of the extra code and get there directly and faster.
The reason Google adds in unnecessary code is because

$$$

Good thing about DuckDuckGo. It's not as comprehensive as Google, but it works beautifully and loads quickly like pre-bloat Google.

More likely Mount Pleasant Cemetary could expand OVER the Davisville Yards first, with a high-rise cemetery there. No one resting there would complain about the noise.

View attachment 168599

I doubt that will happen, where will they park half of the TRs, Wilson is pretty crowded already. Anyways, back on topic to TYSSE, what if the TYSSE went to Vaughan Mills and Canada's Wonderland ? That would have been the bomb.

I doubt that will happen, where will they park half of the TRs, Wilson is pretty crowded already. Anyways, back on topic to TYSSE, what if the TYSSE went to Vaughan Mills and Canada's Wonderland ? That would have been the bomb.
No way. Prohibitively expensive, not enough demand anywhere in between VMC and Vaughan Mills. It should be strictly VIVA territory north of the current terminus.

Maybe if it was above ground from north of Pennsylvania Avenue, but there's no way anything along the route would be developed. I'm sure most of the people working in that area aren't coming from Toronto anyways.

No way. Prohibitively expensive, not enough demand anywhere in between VMC and Vaughan Mills. It should be strictly VIVA territory north of the current terminus.

Maybe if it was above ground from north of Pennsylvania Avenue, but there's no way anything along the route would be developed. I'm sure most of the people working in that area aren't coming from Toronto anyways.

What about Canada's Wonderland and Vaughan Mills ?

I disagree. If there were two additional stops at Vaughan Mills and Wonderland they would be well used. People want to go these places already and it would have made sense. The problem is the cost.. it would have been much more expensive to tunnel all the way to Wonderland and build two more stations.

I disagree. If there were two additional stops at Vaughan Mills and Wonderland they would be well used. People want to go these places already and it would have made sense. The problem is the cost.. it would have been much more expensive to tunnel all the way to Wonderland and build two more stations.

Yes, stations there would have been more expensive if they were built, but worth the cost.

Back