I doubt that will happen, where will they park half of the TRs, Wilson is pretty crowded already. Anyways, back on topic to TYSSE, what if the TYSSE went to Vaughan Mills and Canada's Wonderland ? That would have been the bomb.

I realize suburban malls have taken on the role of 'town squares', but a big part of me has a problem spending scarce public money on providing costly transportation infrastructure to them. To me this would be even more blatant for Canada's Wonderland - it's ony open part of the year

I realize suburban malls have taken on the role of 'town squares', but a big part of me has a problem spending scarce public money on providing costly transportation infrastructure to them. To me this would be even more blatant for Canada's Wonderland - it's ony open part of the year

And a hospital at 400 & Major Mackenzie. From link.

hospitalmap.jpg

See link.

The new hospital, which is 1.2 million sq. ft. and 11 stories high...

But since there's a Ferris Wheel there, Ford is sure to finance a subway to it?

In a perfect world it would be by no means unreasonable to expect that the TYSSE would extend up to Major Mackenzie. I always thought that was the long term goal since the positioning of Vaughan Metro Centre Station aligns almost perfectly with both the Vaughan Mills Transit Terminal and the main entrance to Canada's Wonderland. An elevated guideway north from VMC with a midway stop at Langstaff en route and voila, most of urban Vaughan is accessible to mass transit.

With parking lots and a 400 right-of-way, there should be plenty of room to put in an open to the air Line 1 extension up to Vanghan Mills and Canada's Wonderland.

In a perfect world it would be by no means unreasonable to expect that the TYSSE would extend up to Major Mackenzie. I always thought that was the long term goal since the positioning of Vaughan Metro Centre Station aligns almost perfectly with both the Vaughan Mills Transit Terminal and the main entrance to Canada's Wonderland. An elevated guideway north from VMC with a midway stop at Langstaff en route and voila, most of urban Vaughan is accessible to mass transit.

Where exactly is the “open” space for an elevated guideway from VMC to Vaughan Mills?83BC744C-D5E9-46F6-A162-6D034A718124.pngA8125C84-B450-4A53-B393-09317D650BAE.png

On a elevated guideway in the 400 right-of-way and the parking lots. Maybe bulldozing a few of the single-story buildings along the way, for the stations.

From link.

Yeah that’s never going to happen. We have never built such an elevated line and also Vaughan will never expropriate / demolish the necessary buildings.

If an extension is ever built to Vaughan Mills or Wonderland it will be underground.

Where exactly is the “open” space for an elevated guideway from VMC to Vaughan Mills?
Yikes! The satellite views don't lie. It's become way more dense up there since I used to drive through there back in....well...the 1800s...What's curious is how planning never seems to improve compared to other nations. The term 'sprawl' applies more than ever.

Even tunnelling through there is going to be a challenge and a huge disruption.

Yikes! The satellite views don't lie. It's become way more dense up there since I used to drive through there back in....well...the 1800s...What's curious is how planning never seems to improve compared to other nations. The term 'sprawl' applies more than ever.

Even tunnelling through there is going to be a challenge and a huge disruption.

It would likely require a deep level tunnel akin to the Moscow Metro.

Yeah that’s never going to happen. We have never built such an elevated line and also Vaughan will never expropriate / demolish the necessary buildings.

If an extension is ever built to Vaughan Mills or Wonderland it will be underground.

Which means the construction and property expropriation would be paid for by the City of Vaughan, the Region of York, and the Province of Ontario. Unless the City of Toronto annexes the city above Toronto.

Back