When the bike tracks go into The Esplanade next spring the amount of through traffic will be GREATLY reduced.

Maybe... though most of the traffic on Market St is not true through traffic (except for people trying to avoid turning right on Jarvis at rush hour), it's the same few cars circling over and over hoping that one of the eight parking spots on Market St might open up.

B17F764C-CABC-4146-BD26-C51E7C7FBA03.jpeg

It’s back. Almost together. Just a little ikea bolt loosening and tightening required.

Very pleased to see this going in, as a resident of the neighbourhood. A little saddened that the south exposure of the old market building will be blocked, it is such a fantastic building and needs to be showcased.

The bright side is you will still be able to see a good portion of the south facade of St. Lawrence Hall from inside the North Market.

AoD

Very pleased to see this going in, as a resident of the neighbourhood. A little saddened that the south exposure of the old market building will be blocked, it is such a fantastic building and needs to be showcased.
I think you mean the south face of St Lawrence Hall (It was never a market). But, you will be pleased to hear that the heritage lighting on the Hall will be extended to illuminate the south side and, as noted above, you should see the Hall from inside the new North Market.

Wow I stopped visiting this thread for a while and now I'm surprised to find this thing is under construction!!?! I figured it was still mired in delays. That steel arch is amazing and the steel framing in general is very cool!

Wow I stopped visiting this thread for a while and now I'm surprised to find this thing is under construction!!?! I figured it was still mired in delays. That steel arch is amazing and the steel framing in general is very cool!

It has been under construction for awhile - before the pandemic even. The underground portion took a long time...

AoD

It has been under construction for awhile - before the pandemic even. The underground portion took a long time...

AoD

Yeah I just completely tuned out. Sometimes threads get in a mode where my eye just skips over them or my mind has filed them away as "held up slow moving and not interesting to click on". What a nice surprise to see this one so far progressed in such an exciting way.

Back