I actually gasped out loud when I scrolled down to this last pic by wopchop. For all of us fear-of-heights/weak-heart types.... Could you post a warning disclaimer that some people may lose their lunch with the next picture?

:D

I couldn't even tell what it was. Forgot I was on a skyscraper board -- looked like the inside of a computer. Motherboard, video card, processor, etc.

5854156933_644d9b964b_z.jpg

Stunning! The view/drop down and Scotia Plaza. :D

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you have almost no interest in going out on the CN tower's EdgeWalk.

anyone have any recent shots of trump at ground level? (the base), i haven't been down to the site in a few weeks, and i was wondering if all the cladding has wrapped around the base and/or if it still look very much like a construction site on the ground (have they installed the fins along adelaide yet?)

anyone have any recent shots of trump at ground level? (the base), i haven't been down to the site in a few weeks, and i was wondering if all the cladding has wrapped around the base and/or if it still look very much like a construction site on the ground (have they installed the fins along adelaide yet?)

It's still basically the same. They are scheduled to begin erection of the canopy this weekend.

Don't want to be a downer here wopchop, but even in the midst of strict regulations and safety precautions, are there ever any casualties on projects of such a scale as Trump?

Don't want to be a downer here wopchop, but even in the midst of strict regulations and safety precautions, are there ever any casualties on projects of such a scale as Trump?

absolutely not.... unless it's something you'd see out of a Final Destination movie. Major injuries/casualties are extremely rare, and i think it depends on certain countries for safety policies and what not. I think there was a massive accident at the International Commerce Centre while it was under construction, it had something to do with the elevators where i think something like 5 workers died,

but still... stay safe everyone :)

People get nicks and bruises, but nothing major. We have a very safe job site.

Accidents like the tragedy at the ICC are the reasons why we check and double-check all of our rigging, stages, and elevators each and every day.

Work safe, or don't work at all.

Toronto seems to have a fair number of construction workers killed on the job. Way more construction workers are killed than police, that's for sure. I would guess it's over 5 deaths a year. It seems to be on the news every few months.

The worst part is, whenever someone dies in construction, it's on the news one day and then quickly forgotten the next. Nobody seems to really care or take it seriously. These deaths just keep happening quietly, year after year.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's really pathetic. Last year, 25 construction workers lost their lives in Ontario. It's generally between 15 and 30.

The last major incident that had anyone up in arms was that swingstage accident on christmas eve in 2009.

Toronto seems to have a fair number of construction workers killed on the job. Way more construction workers are killed than police, that's for sure. I would guess it's over 5 deaths a year. It seems to be on the news every few months.

The worst part is, whenever someone dies in construction, it's on the news one day and then quickly forgotten the next. Nobody seems to really care or take it seriously. These deaths just keep happening quietly, year after year.

sadly i have never heard of this before and it really puts me down

Oh, for the love of god! Really, this is simply overreacting and blowing things out of proportion. Some industries and jobs are dangerous. That's the nature of their job. There's nothing new here. Construction can be dangerous and occasionally, someone dies. 5 deaths a year isn't a crisis. I cannot believe how wimpy people have become. Sheesh....

Back