right so what happened to Lewis Builds? why are they out?

Because we've been building this thing for, like, ever?

The switch was definitely made without much fanfare, and even a lot of the subcontractors are in the dark as to the actual reason, but in all honestly, this isn't a very surprising move. The reason is likely that the project has been going on for far too long, for far too much money, and the owner finally got fed up.

I would say only the sub trades have the manpower on site these days. They don't care who the contractor/project manager/owner is, so long they are getting paid monthly for their invoices billings as well having their contract price remaining the same except for changes.

To change teams during the construction phase is rare, but does happen for various reasons.

Given the near completion, there more to this change, as there will be little saving both cost wise as well completion date.

I found it odd from day one that an US contractor was doing this project and not sure if it went out for tender in the first place considering PCL and Ellis-Don are the top contractor here these days. Maybe both company's had too much work on hand to handle this project. This is not Lewis first project in the city.

From FCP 68th

2011-08-24 trump-c.jpg

2011-08-24 trump-b.jpg

Re: From FCP 68th

Incredible view! Any chance you might be able to posts photo's regularly from that perspective while the spire is going up?

I will do what I can, but usually I'm only up there for meetings and other corporate events.

I will pay you in wine and chocolate for access to that view.

If it's red wine and dark chocolate, I think we've got a deal.

holy holy holy!!!! what a clear view of all the action at Trump!
I 100% dig what they're doing at the top of the tower... the setbacks are SMART!
and the cladding looks really really fitting from up there.

quick question: on the master skyplex level, I understand that the master bedroom is situated in the north-west cornerish.... and i understand the suite only uses about half of the entire floor... What will be in the area where the windows are on the south???

In the event of tremors, like on Tuesday, or an earthquake and the building sways, what's to counterbalance that 415 ton dome on the north-west corner of the building?

Back