I was on the 14th floor when the earthquake happened. We didn't even feel it. With the hoist going up and work going on continuously, we are always feeling a few vibrations here and there. My guess is the mass-damper did it's job and balanced things out. But, other than sirens going off outside elsewhere and folks calling us to tell us about the earthquake... we didn't notice a thing.

Trump spire... SMART! am i right hater?
I always thought the spire would be even closer to the north-west corner, because it looks like its several feet away from the corner, the LED strip is suppose to connect with it right?
Holy cow, even the Mechanical Box is looking sexy for some reason...

BTW: Wonder how much the building swayed during the earthquake,

EDIT: and yes, Trump has the 4th tallest roof in the city (right behind commerce court west i believe), and with that spire piece sticking out, probably the 4th tallest building

interesting ^^^, though i wonder what it would have been like on the top most floors. I'm sure the swaying must have been amplified from up there, but not as violent,

btw: Looking at those photos from FCP again, was the crane raised again? or is it just me... and won't that crane be coming down soon for the Onion Dome installation?

trumpa25.jpg

I was on the 14th floor when the earthquake happened. We didn't even feel it. With the hoist going up and work going on continuously, we are always feeling a few vibrations here and there. My guess is the mass-damper did it's job and balanced things out. But, other than sirens going off outside elsewhere and folks calling us to tell us about the earthquake... we didn't notice a thing.

I thought the damper would be installed last, as it goes in the mechanical area, no? Didn't know it was in there already.

The damper tanks are inside the boxes on L58. I doubt that they've been filled yet, though.

Well if that's the case she held up quite well with no noticeable vibrations even though the damper tanks haven't even been filled yet.

^ If I'm not mistaken, the Aqua Tower in Chicago doesn't need dampers because the design of the balconies breaks up the impact of the wind.

^ If I'm not mistaken, the Aqua Tower in Chicago doesn't need dampers because the design of the balconies breaks up the impact of the wind.

right... but what about you're "average" tower... like Bay Adelaide Centre or First Canadian Place?

from today
20110825b008.jpg

I'm curious what your vantage point is (other than "west" in general). With all of those evergreens and that single house in the foreground, it looks almost like a view of Toronto as seen from cottage country, although I know it isn't...

Now that we are putting up skyline pics...took this one yesterday on my way from New York... somewhere by Grimsby, St Catharines.

August252011NewyorkFloridarun589.jpg

Here is one of Mississauga from the same location...strange, it looked just a smidge smaller than Toronto.

August252011NewyorkFloridarun590.jpg

I'm curious what your vantage point is (other than "west" in general). With all of those evergreens and that single house in the foreground, it looks almost like a view of Toronto as seen from cottage country, although I know it isn't...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe that is from the Niagara Escarpment somewhere around Grimsby?

Back