That grey cube on top, just ruins the roof for me. Why didn't they just cover it with the same green glass? It would have looked so much better. I like the look of the semi-finished spire (big improvement there) but they are still missing a small piece on the building. I wonder why that's taking so long? Are they waiting for TIFF to finish?

The crows nest is near the top of the spire right now, don't know what they're doing.

That grey cube on top, just ruins the roof for me. Why didn't they just cover it with the same green glass? It would have looked so much better. I like the look of the semi-finished spire (big improvement there) but they are still missing a small piece on the building. I wonder why that's taking so long? Are they waiting for TIFF to finish?

Are you talking about the missing green glass square about 12 floors up? That thing has been driving me nuts for months.

re: crows' nest - maybe they can cover it all up with Swarovski crystals and turn it into our version of the Times Square New Year's Eve ball for NPS.

AoD

I would assume they will too. They can't possibly leave that up there. Same with the ugly staircase to access it.

If i had to make a wager based on the info i have absorbed from this thread, I would bet that the crows nest will go, but the staircase will stay

Sept 3 - Progress as of 7 p.m. yesterday

7930773436_2c52cdddc9_o.jpg

the crows nest actually looks pretty cool near the top of the spire! and ya, that dude sitting up there has a hell of a job!

and the mullion caps are a really nice feature that accents the dome.

Say what you will, but the dome and spire (aside from the crows nest) delivered 110 % from the renders. It actually even looks better than it did in the renders. it's beautiful.

Sept 5th: Looks like the spire is clad...crows nest is back at the base of the spire...

JPJak.jpg

Back