That lighthouse seems a little far from shore

Interestingly enough, its only a few hundred feet away from the original shoreline of Toronto Harbour

Every time they haul out the window washing equipment I mistake it for the addition of the final touches. I can't for the life of me understand why they refuse to finish this building. I know the developers are Russian, is that why they're so unconcerned about ever finishing? Even the North Koreans have started to finish their hotel.

Hopefully it doesn't take 25 years like the hotel in North Korea.

Last edited:
It looks like the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove. Is this a Nova Scotia tourism display?

As an aside, hundreds of old, historic lighthouses in Canada are under threat with defunding by the Feds., (deemed "surplus" by Harper & Co.) including the famous and iconic lighthouse at Peggy's Cove.

These are LEDs -- thousands of them I know but this isn't a major expenditure in the context of the building. Their explanation makes sense. Trump isn't finished and they may want to light it during an official ceremony. Maybe there will be an opportunity on Canada Day.

Finishing this building has dragged on for far too long. Just more proof that this building, the 'Trum' Tower, is one of the biggest jokes to ever rise on Toronto's skyline. It's an embarrassment in every sense.

There are so many elements that detract from the building like the non-windows facing Scotia Plaza, that massive mechanical box (especially when seen from the east), the granite that looks like cheap precast, the awkwardly large needle atop the spire and the anti-climactic treatment of the Bay-Adelaide corner with a rather ordinary entrance. The architecture is objectively subpar for such a prominent development.

Back