My understanding is that most of the West Don Lands will feature above grade parking due to remediation techniques - the proposed provincial brownfields regulations if adopted will likely result in more new residential structures incorporating above grade parking facilities.

As long as we don't become Miami;

274617056_364af6ff2c.jpg

I walked by yesterday and the structure didn't seem level; the floors seemed to wobble. Is this an illusion? Anyone know? Hopefully I'm not going crazy!

The photo above also shows this.

As mentioned, it's just the parking levels. It will flatten out once they get up to level 8. And after the curtain wall is installed down the line, you won't see the floors from the outside... BTW, the Peri RCS panels are starting to be installed this weekend and over the course of the next couple of months.

BTW, the Peri RCS panels are starting to be installed this weekend and over the course of the next couple of months.

drove by trump tonight, there are indeed large panels installed on the Bay St. side, similar to the climbing panels being used at Ritz-Carlton, but with a large trump logo.....

That is a killer picture - looks like a rendering.

Sorry, this is so close, but I'm right across the street.

dsc01568n.jpg

Shot with DSC-W35 at 2009-05-25

drove by trump tonight, there are indeed large panels installed on the Bay St. side, similar to the climbing panels being used at Ritz-Carlton, but with a large trump logo.....

Yes, the Peri RCS panels are only up on the Bay Street side so far. The east side of the fifth floor slab was poured over the weekend. Conduit cabling and rebar are being installed on top of the form for the ramp to the sixth floor and the forms for the west side slab of the sixth floor are now being erected.

In the third picture down you can see that the tower part of Trump isn't butted up against the Scotia Plaza line. What that all about?

Looks like they have just finished the 4th and barely on the 5th floor?:)

I am counting the ground floor as the first floor. I don't count the ceiling above the slab, just the slab, in my count for progress. This picture drum118 just posted shows what I mean. The slab has been poured for all of the fifth floor, but not the ramp to the sixth (ramp not seen in this picture):

IMG_may-24-09-0144.JPG

Last edited:

Back