Starting to peak out.

Trump-June27,10(2).jpg

Caltrane,s 5th shot is sweet!it looks alot like one of the computer renders (the ones hat depicted the lighter coloures glass) The transition from granite to glass is spot on! It looks great in contrast to the bay Adelaide blue glass! I love how distinct these skyscrapers are and how each building has its own era/style... It's epic!

Now that we are starting to see the impact that Trump will have on the skyline, I am glad that Bay Adelaide was not built taller as it would have taken away from the effect of Trump.

continued surprise

I've been following this building for a decade so my expectations were pretty high. When I first saw the overly green cladding I wanted to cry. It's grown on me a lot and I think the end result will be fine. The more it evolves, the better it looks. Hurry up about it already.

The bottom portion is pretty dated looking. It reminds me of that tall building in the back-ground in picture 4. Sort of an early 80s feel to it, with the combination of glass and cladding. The all-glass part looks much better.

It all gets better within time...

Trumps spire (I think) is one of the killer features of this building.And depending on where you're standing, it might sometimes be the only thing you see due to he massivenessnof scotia and BA.

Green glass can look good if you do it right :D

the first time i saw the building i thought it was gonna be the worst in the city! it grew on me alittle but the only reason i really like this building is because of it's height, i like the spire too its pretty awesome

I was down at Queen and Bay yesterday.. and looking down Bay, you can't help but notice the little splash of colour that the Trump Tower will bring to the Canyon. The colour choice is perfect, because on the corners already you have the Red Scotiaplaza, the white FCP, the Blue BA Centre, and now you get the Green of Trump. Of course most of buildings lining Bay Street, have a stone brown, grey colour. So Trump brings your eyes to it with the colour. It is gonna create visual interest with its design, with it's height, with its amazing size, and with its colour.

The bottom portion is pretty dated looking. It reminds me of that tall building in the back-ground in picture 4. Sort of an early 80s feel to it, with the combination of glass and cladding. The all-glass part looks much better.

Everything comes to look dated eventually so I don't really worry about everything being of cutting-edge design, and this is a 'Trump' tower after all and there are certain expectations of ostentation that though somewhat more in check in this Toronto iteration still manage to not disappoint those looking for kitschy bad-hair Trumpiness. This one fits in nicely with its surrounds, the materials and execution look good, and the massing lends some 'wow' to it. What's to complain about really? I like the green too.

I was down at Queen and Bay yesterday.. and looking down Bay, you can't help but notice the little splash of colour that the Trump Tower will bring to the Canyon. The colour choice is perfect, because on the corners already you have the Red Scotiaplaza, the white FCP, the Blue BA Centre, and now you get the Green of Trump. Of course most of buildings lining Bay Street, have a stone brown, grey colour. So Trump brings your eyes to it with the colour. It is gonna create visual interest with its design, with it's height, with its amazing size, and with its colour.

You're absolutely right! These big-stand out-financial district- towers NEED to stand out from eachother because heyre such a huge part of torontos skyline! They each are distinct from eachother from designs to colors.

In your iPod, steveve? I had no idea they were making them that big these days. :p

Haha! My bad, these stupid touch-keyboards are garbage. Sometimes it even auto corrects words into totally different words. Instead of ON i/it said IN

Going back to hat YouTube video, I had no idea how awesome the views are already! It's only about half way up and the views are sweet!bi love how big and huge all the financial district towers look from trump! Just such an epic feel to it! I can't imagine waking up in the morning and looking south towered bay/king (the heart if he CBD) and seeing all the little people (or ants from up there) rush in the morning to their offices...

I think trumps south facing view is the best out of the other 3 sides. (at least for me)

Back