Is the onion dome intended to be a pastiche based on Russian architecture? If so, was it motivated by nothing more than Alex Shnaider's caprice?

The dome is not the bedroom. It's under the dome, where the ladder is coming from.
Yes. The slab that the ladder reaches to is L58. The master bedroom is on L57. However, that open part of the slab of L58 is not being filled in, and will be open from L57. So you won't get that direct view, but you will definitely get all that natural light. Although who knows, because as far as I know, the finishes for that penthouse haven't been decided upon yet. If it were mine, I'd have some sort of loft built!

Last edited:
This morning during a fire drill at TD Centre. New BB phonecam. I'm impressed :)

On one hand, nice quality shot. Impressed with how good camera phones have gotten. More to the point, I do like this building. Sometimes I don't, but other times I"m pleasantly surprised.

Yes. The slab that the ladder reaches to is L58. The master bedroom is on L57. However, that open part of the slab of L58 is not being filled in, and will be open from L57. So you won't get that direct view, but you will definitely get all that natural light. Although who knows, because as far as I know, the finishes for that penthouse haven't been decided upon yet. If it were mine, I'd have some sort of loft built!

Seems to me it would be a little noisy during a hail storm.

Just knowing there's a person who can afford that penthouse makes me want to go to occupy Toronto, hah

wait.. did u just say that that enitre space will be LEFT OPEN and be apart of the floor below???

wait.. did u just say that that enitre space will be LEFT OPEN and be apart of the floor below???

He sure did, and it sounds like it's going to be one massive skylight! :) I'd have a loft built too if I could afford that penthouse, just to get those direct views as well.

He sure did, and it sounds like it's going to be one massive skylight! :) I'd have a loft built too if I could afford that penthouse, just to get those direct views too.

lol! i'd make it a half-floor or quarter floor accessible only by ladder.. and have like canopy bed thing swinging from the top... - that is if i don't fall off.

wow!.. but the owner will probably want to furnish the steel roof a bit better... it looks like a warehouse roof, (at least paint it)

Trump looks rather fetching in that shot. You know, if you squint your eyes a bit and don't seek out the details. A lot of good things in life are like that!

Back