"...Lightline’s triumphant return"? I never saw anything beyond testing at two different points.

"Ordering a special part" ??? I never heard such nonsense. Some LED strip lighting and an extension cord, what else could this supposed "Art Installation" require? And don't give me the "Complex and sophisticated computer software" excuse either...I can buy 12 feet of programmable LED Strip Lights, that do the same light show at my dollar store for under $20 bucks.

Sheesh!

talon

"Ordering a special part" ??? I never heard such nonsense. Some LED strip lighting and an extension cord, what else could this supposed "Art Installation" require? And don't give me the "Complex and sophisticated computer software" excuse either...I can buy 12 feet of programmable LED Strip Lights, that do the same light show at my dollar store for under $20 bucks.

Sheesh!

those guys from the Talon have no class whatsoever... One of them known to me personally , I used to work for him ...

Although I do think it's taking them an exceptionally long time to repair the light fixture I think you're sorely underestimating the technical requirements of this project if you think you could achieve the same results with dollar store equipment. If you truly think you could MacGyver that thing into existence why not go into business and offer to fix it for Talon? You'd probably get the contract, seeing as how your estimate would come in several orders of magnitude cheaper than the existing one.

Sheesh!

Your statement is a joke. No clue.

^^ You people have no sense of humour.

You take it personally as if you have something personal at stake with this light strip. Did I call you mother a bad name or did I make light of a very simple looking situation which is completely unrelated to you? Unless of course YOU are the artist? Other than that person, no one should get so worked up about it.

Hey, people have a right to care about their city, even the little details. I'd get worried if nobody got worked up over anything.

Your statement is a joke. No clue.

The CN Tower's 1300 LED lighting display was completed in about three months and then tested/aligned over two or three weeks and is much more ambitious than Lightline. I'm pretty confident we know where the joke is. If we're off base here how about giving us a clue?

I waked by this building today. Through all the complaining during construction I thought I would reserve my judgement until it was finished and I'm sorry I must say. What a disappointment. Thank gawd this didn't become our first super tall!!

Part of what fails this building's tower portion was chopping 12 floors and eliminating what might have been attractive setbacks as originally envisioned.

Today:

WP_20130418_001.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130418_001.jpg
    WP_20130418_001.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 543
nice shot ^ the south-west corner should have been pushed inwards imo, where those vertical strips are. woulda looked a lot better. I also don't think the balconies needed to be curved.
Nonetheless, this building has had a positive impact on the skyline. the dome + spire is a winning combo and there's nothing else like it. :)
But the LED strip being non-operational is a tragedy :(

Back