Maybe someone who lives downtown or works down there and can stop by the sales centre and see if there actually is a new model. What I saw on the news last night looked to be a little different than the other model and renderings I've seen, but they showed it from a terrible angle.

There's no new model, nor any new official renderings released. Not sure what CityTV used. Truthfully, unless you compared the revised design to the old side-by-side... you wouldn't notice the difference at all. We're only talking about 140 ft. of height difference. To anyone other than folks on this board, you'd have no idea any changes were made.

TrumpToronto,

Can you provide any height statistics now that there is a potential change from 57 floors to 59 floors to account for an increase in mechanical space?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Mike - From what I understand, it has more to do with the labeling of mechanical levels/usable space and its relation to by-laws. I don't know the full details, but to the best of my knowledge I do not think it has any impact on height of the building. If I learn anything different, I'll pass it on...

I wonder if you bought a unit on the 70th floor you could get your money back, or at least a discount now that you'll only be on the 57th floor? I mean, if you are paying that kind of money for a unit, I'd think there'd be some loss of prestige now that the place has had 13 floors "loped" off.

What loss of prestige? At this time, it's still the tallest residential building in the country.

Most of the upper level units had not yet been released for sale (only four of the upper level penthouse residences were available for purchase in the 70-storey pre-construction release). The change only affected two purchasers who are now on the 54th and 55th levels instead of 64th and 65th. They are still at the upper levels of the building.

Residents who originally purchased on levels 35-40 were all moved up to levels 48-53.

So, all in all, it's actually a positive change for the majority of purchasers. For residents, it means more exlusivity (147 units vs. 118 now) and for hotel condominium owners (291 units vs. 261 now), it means slightly higher occupancy rates.

What loss of prestige? At this time, it's still the tallest residential building in the country?

Most of the upper level units had not yet been released for sale (only four of the upper level penthouse residences were available for purchase in the 70-storey pre-construction release). The change only affected two purchasers who are now on the 54th and 55th levels instead of 64th and 65th. They are still at the upper levels of the building.

Residents who originally purchased on levels 35-40 were all moved up to levels 48-53.

So, all in all, it's actually a positive change for the majority of purchasers. For residents, it means more exlusivity (147 units vs. 118 now) and for hotel condominium owners (291 units vs. 261 now), it means slightly higher occupancy rates.

So the half onion shaped point leading up to the tower still remains in the new design?

from the Star...

Stinson puzzled over downsizing

Link to Article

Jul 18, 2007 04:30 AM

The Harry wants to know one thing from The Donald: Why?

Why in a hot market did the Trump International Hotel and Tower seek approval for shrinkage to 57 storeys from 70?

"I don't know why they would downsize it, it's ridiculous," fellow developer Harry Stinson says. "I just don't get it, and it's hard to get a straight answer why."

Rumours have been making the rounds on Bay St. for some time that sales at Trump's tower – with a top price of $19.6 million – are not going well.

Meanwhile, the Toronto-based Stinson, an arch-rival of the flamboyant Trump in the hotel-condo market, says he doesn't buy claims the Trump tower is to be downsized for technical reasons.

Stinson's comments are the latest in an often light-hearted war of words between Stinson and Trump, star of the cancelled NBC reality show "The Apprentice".

The pair have jabbed away at each other in print for several years. "If Donald wants to call me for help, my consulting fee is reasonable," Stinson says.

- Gail Swainson

Wow, not only is Stinson as arrogant as the Donald, but he's delusional as well. Reducing the number of floors to 57 is a lot better than reducing to zero.

Who is Stinson to even talk? At least Trump is building something.
"reasonable fee" lol:)

Ha! Couldn't agree more. The reason Stinson is interviewed everytime The Star writes about us is that he does do a lot of advertising with them. We do not.

Besides... how many years did One King West take? And where is "Downtown Plaza?"... I mean "Sapphire?"

Development projects often go through changes and revisions before they are finally complete. It's not out of the ordinary!

Back