The project has gone through a number of names for it and no easy task changing names on the photos, that I left it at Auckland House.

It's another run of cookie cutter square box towers and the material is much better than the rest.

I don't know about this building and assuming no one is working on it on Sat like most other building I normal see these days. With work normally taking place on Sat, as well on Sunday not taking place, that why the extra time frame for opening.

Last edited:
View from Bloor.
20200502_from_Bloor.jpg

Work is going on

20200502_close_Up.jpg

April 29
This will be top early June as they are working on floor 36, 4 floors short of 40 plus mechanical when I shot it.

More up on site
49855224353_39b222ff40_b.jpg

49856066867_a8f9cb606b_b.jpg

49856067757_e7a31bbaf8_b.jpg

49856068227_2baa6bc09a_b.jpg

49856069487_1c715845ee_b.jpg

49856070687_0ff384f3d4_b.jpg

49855771286_2d6645b915_b.jpg

49855760576_376d094966_b.jpg

49856077082_99d6a30e9c_b.jpg

A+ for the quality of materials used on this site. As far as glass condo construction in Etobicoke goes, this is by far the best tower (from a quality of materials perspective) that has been built in the past 20 years.

That's of course if they dont ruin it with the balcony treatment which we have yet to see.

Now to update what I said about the balcony treatment. They have begun cladding the balconies on the west side of the building and I must say, it's almost just as good the materials used on the rest of the tower.

Unfortunately I was moving to quick and by the time I realized, it was too late for me to snap a pic. Absolute fantastic work done hear by Main+Main here and this is officially, IMO the best all-glass condo tower in Etobicoke from a quality of materials perspective.

Just imagine if 1/2 the condos in the downtown core used quality mateirals like this. Our skyline would look dramatically different.

Now to update what I said about the balcony treatment. They have begun cladding the balconies on the west side of the building and I must say, it's almost just as good the materials used on the rest of the tower.

Unfortunately I was moving to quick and by the time I realized, it was too late for me to snap a pic. Absolute fantastic work done hear by Main+Main here and this is officially, IMO the best all-glass condo tower in Etobicoke from a quality of materials perspective.

Just imagine if 1/2 the condos in the downtown core used quality mateirals like this. Our skyline would look dramatically different.

I can't say that I agree. The tower has too many mullions to the point that it looks cheap. The podium facade along Aukland Road is a brutal series of massive white cladding panels and anonymous windows. The colour of the white cladding panels and the windows isn't well matched. It's a big missed opportunity to create a warm and pleasant streetscape. The podium facing Dundas Street West is a sterile wall of glass that doesn't achieve the kind of fine-grained urbanism that the area is sorely missing.

Architecturally, there are perhaps a dozen glass towers or more in Etobicoke that are more interesting, with several in the Humber Bay Shores area. But you're right that the bar for materials isn't high in this part of town. I'm just not a fan of what they did with the materials in this case.

What a horrid group of buildings yikes. these together just look really bad. Grungy, clashing, eyesoars. IMO of course!

IMO I believe that once completed and the podium signage and lighting is added, the end product will look real nice and a good fit for the neighborhood. Let's give it a chance as its not completed yet!

May 20
They are in the process doing the columns and divider wall on the 39th floor for the 40th floor that should be pour next week and the roof the following week

More to come when I get to them
49918235872_5d45224aa7_b.jpg

49917422983_986d131358_b.jpg

49917931766_6ff57862f0_b.jpg

49917419178_db0f005528_b.jpg

49918231487_1d3b5cdaaa_b.jpg

49917426263_b5180fe7cf_b.jpg

49917427873_587c68a8f2_b.jpg

49918240522_1592564ff2_b.jpg

I drive by everyday on my way into work. Really well done. Excited to see the finished build

Found this planning document about the Westward. IMO the city did its homework and this building was well planned and thought out. My favourite bullet point is the last one...• the introduction of a landmark tower, appropriately sited adjacent to the Kipling Subway Station that implements the planned vision of Etobicoke Centre.

STAFF REPORT ACTION REQUIRED 5239, 5245 and 5249 Dundas Street West and 3 Aukland Road – Zoning By-law Amendment Application – Final Report Date: October 23, 2015 To: Etobicoke York Community Council From: Director, Community Planning, Etobicoke York District Wards: Ward 5 – Etobicoke-Lakeshore Reference Number: 13 280673 WET 05 OZ

Planning staff are of the opinion that the proposed development has been massed and designed to fit within the context provided by the Official Plan, the Etobicoke Centre Secondary Plan, the Etobicoke Centre Urban Design Guidelines and Public Space and Streetscape Plan, and the City-wide Tall Buildings Guidelines through:

• the inclusion of a mix of uses consisting of residential and street related retail uses;
• improving accessibility and access to Kipling Subway Station with improved pedestrian amenities;
• the elimination of three existing curb cuts and surface parking areas;
• a building podium designed to allow a widened and uninterrupted sidewalk, with sufficient setback to provide enhancements to the streetscape;
• street trees and a streetscape design that is in accordance with the Six Points Interchange Detailed Design Study;
• a formalized pedestrian connection from the end of Viking Lane to Aukland Road;
• an enhanced open space area incorporating permeable pavers, benches and terraced steps on the St. Albans Toronto Water pumping station property;
• locating the main retail and residential lobby entrances with direct visible access from the public sidewalk;
• locating and screening service areas, ramps and garbage storage areas by internalizing these functions within the interior of the development; providing all parking underground
• orienting the tower in an east-west direction to maintain views across the site and limiting shadow impacts to the east;
• providing quality indoor and outdoor amenity spaces; and
• the introduction of a landmark tower, appropriately sited adjacent to the Kipling Subway Station that implements the planned vision of Etobicoke Centre.

Last edited:
Now if only city staff could do the same with the rest of Etobicoke City Centre along Dundas Street, instead of you know allowing developers like Pinnacle to design pathetic tower-in-a-park styled developments that dont contribute any positive value to the area.

Back