Last I heard (late 2019 or so), Loblaws has this store in their 10 year + bucket. Quiet though it may seem, it's still a huge moneymaker so they're under no real pressure to redevelop at this time.

As a general rule too, folks have to stop thinking of Choice as an active development agency, and more something that was established to protect Loblaws' long-term interests.

Interestingly, Choice also owns the plaza at Eglinton and Lloyd Manor, anchored by a...Metro...

At which I worked (when it was a Dominion) for 2 years from 2001 to 2003, @Towered! ;)

Hold on............a couple of threads ago you were in HS in Oakville in the early 2000s.

When were you working at Dominion on Eglinton, when you were 12? LOL

You can be in high school in a city that's not the one you live in, @Northern Light! Many kids also work at the same time they're in school.

That's quite the trek to HS!

** worth saying here, I did 4 years in a school in North York, while living in East York and took transit more than an hour each way when I was young as 10. So I'd done my share of trekking! But that is relatively unusual in an urban area.

Is it really going to be _another_ Scotiabank? One just opened south of Monde IIRC. At least have a bank other than Scotia or RBC (which is in Daniel's "artsy" office complex). It would be nice to see more food/beverage options like at Daniel's Yard instead of just big retail spaces. Although I feel like Popeye's is the new Subway.

That's quite the trek to HS!

** worth saying here, I did 4 years in a school in North York, while living in East York and took transit more than an hour each way when I was young as 10. So I'd done my share of trekking! But that is relatively unusual in an urban area.

Wow, I could not imagine my kids taking transit on their own at that age to go anywhere. Their sense of direction is negligible...

Wow, I could not imagine my kids taking transit on their own at that age to go anywhere. Their sense of direction is negligible...

I started taking transit on my own at age 9. That's when I got house keys.

On Fridays after school, I would go home, feed the cats, then head off to the subway where I would subway downtown to meet my parents after work for dinner, then go to a movie w/them.

I started taking transit on my own at age 9. That's when I got house keys.

On Fridays after school, I would go home, feed the cats, then head off to the subway where I would subway downtown to meet my parents after work for dinner, then go to a movie w/them.
Right: kids today
Left: Northern light as a kid
cover6.jpg

Right: kids today
Left: Northern light as a kid
View attachment 342355

5 foot nothing at the age of 9; and definitely not ripped.

But probably with enough self-confidence to make up for both. LOL

Edit to Add; perhaps we should revert to the topic of the thread now..........

Thank goodness this is the when-I-started-taking-transit-here-and-there thread so that I can chime in with 'yeah, my parents used to drop my sister and me at the subway weekly so we could go to the ROM's Saturday Morning Club when we were tiny little things, and then I went downtown on the subway for school every day starting in grade 7 and I screwed around down there until I felt like going home.' I sure hope that people don't post anything about Sugar Wharf again and derail all of this, 'cause I might have to send them on vacation (and it won't be via the subway).

Thank goodness this is the when-I-started-taking-transit-here-and-there thread so that I can chime in with 'yeah, my parents used to drop my sister and I at the subway weekly so we could go to the ROM's Saturday Morning Club when we were tiny little things, and then I went downtown on the subway for school every day starting in grade 7 and I screwed around down there until I felt like going home.' I sure hope that people don't post anything about Sugar Wharf again and derail all of this, 'cause I might have to send them on vacation (and it won't be via the subway).

I got you covered. Who cares about sugar warf when I started taking public transit on my own, at the age of 10, in city in a foreign country! I bet nobody can top that one.

If construction on phase two is starting in 2022, then I'd imagine it's safe to say we'll see 4 buildings under construction at the same time?

Back