Great pic, thanks. That balcony glazing will provide some welcome respite from the sea of green and blue monotony that has come to comprise our skykline.

Bonus detail in your pic of the Union shed.

Per Jared Menkes LinkedIn page

ZEb0BBI.jpg

This is one that looks great from afar... and then you get up close to it.

The office tower looks fine but those residential towers don't look great up close IMO and that podium may in fact be the worst in this city since Hudson's Bay Centre on Bloor.

I like the office tower a fair bit. It's light on details, but where you find them I think they really count. The condo towers on the other hand strike me as just okay. The balcony adds visual interest, but the spandrel strips look cheap to me. They are well-hidden though.

It's the podium though, I agree. It too bald and flat for the area. It'll stick out like a sore thumb.

The new park is where the York off Ramp is to York. That is still at least 5 years down the road yet, if not more.

Actually Drum, the new ramp and new park are coming much more quickly than that. We have a front page story which announces the schedule. (Scoop!)

I liked the podium much more before they added the signage. It's far too large and the font is too heavy, it's a bit disappointing.

Actually Drum, the new ramp and new park are coming much more quickly than that. We have a front page story which announces the schedule. (Scoop!)

Under the original timetable, it was to be down years ago, but lack of funding delay it.

Back