Happy to see that the office component is increasing in size and that the ramp is to come down. Double win.

At today's Toronto and East York Community Council:
TE19.4 (Oct 10, 10:00 AM) Final Report - 90 Harbour Street and 1 York Street - Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Amendment Applications (Ward 28 - Statutory: Planning Act, RSO 1990) Deferred

Does this mean it now goes to the OMB?

[/QUOTE]=raptor;675195]At today's Toronto and East York Community Council:
Does this mean it now goes to the OMB? [/QUOTE]

Gee, i guess the city wants more than the 12 million bucks offered by Tridel towards Section-37

what is 10 york's section 37 going towards anyways?

Final Report - 90 Harbour Street and 1 York Street - Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Amendment Applications

Before introducing the necessary Bills to City Council for enactment, City Council require the Owner to enter into one or more Agreement(s) pursuant to Section 37 of the Planning Act to secure the following at the owner's sole expense:

a. A cash payment of $10,000,000.00 payable as follows:

i. $1,000,000.00 upon bills being introduced to Council to facilitate the immediate start of the design process for the modification of the Gardiner Expressway York/Bay/Yonge off-ramp;

ii. $4,000,000.00 upon issuance of the first above grade building permit for the site; and

iii. $5,000,000.00 upon the first occupancy of any part of any building on the site to be applied at the discretion of the City as determined by the Chief Planner and Executive Officer, in consultation with the Ward Councillor
Read all about it.....http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.TE19.4

I wonder if by the time they start construction of moving the offramp the costs will double.... $10 million for all that seems too good to be true

they are proposing to put construction hoarding across the entire site. I think they will be building the Office building and the Retail base at the same time. or at least the basement for the condos.

There isn't really any indication that the office or condo will start i.e. the report just says they need the close it for 6 months to do something, but its not clear what that something is ... could just be sales office.

doesn't take 6 months to build a sales office.

Yea but it takes much longer than 6 months to excavate the site and build 2 massive condos and an office building....so what they are going to do is a little unclear to me

It mentions under Reasons for the partial road closure...

"Developing this property means excavating the entire site. The applicant needs a construction staging area within the road allowance in order to construct the building".

So it seems they are going to start excavation of the site in preparation for office building construction. I am assuming they have a tenant secured and are moving along with getting the site prepared?

Back