I love heritage structures that are completely surrounded by modern construction like the photo above. New York and Chicago bother have them, and I think they work really well. All attention is drawn to the pedestrian friendly low/mid rise building, while the city continues to increase in density. I am not a fan of heritage labels in this city (used excessively), but this is a perfect building to keep for future generations.

Wait-- do we have written confirmation somewhere stating that the residential towers are being built at the same time as the office tower?

UrbanToronto headline of the day: "Sky is falling: Significant retailer announces plan to open major downtown store creating a new retail destination."

If the headline was about Bloomingdales - would the UT peanut gallery response be any different?

You are so right. I have an idea for new downtown retail, the world's biggest whine store.

Wait-- do we have written confirmation somewhere stating that the residential towers are being built at the same time as the office tower?

No we don't

They need to excavate the whole site for the project because the parking structure footprint is that size

Last edited:
Menkes. Great Gulf and Tridel are all about the same level of large tower developers in Toronto. In fact I would put Menkes on the top. If Tridel sold 80% of their inventory in one whack, then Menkes can do it too and faster.

Excavation begins in December.

To be honest, I don't believe that 88% statistic from Tridel. Maybe I'm being an ass about it, but I really don't believe they've truly, statistically, unit-for-unit sold 88% of their project.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I was walking along this site today and they are excavating along the west and north edges, although NOT all the way to the east end of the site is fenced off or being worked on at the moment. Are we sure they aren't just going to do the office tower and its portion of the parking levels first?

Walking through the site, my mind was just blown by the sheer size of the site. It looks like it must be the size of the Pinnacle Centre site at least, yet there will only be two residential towers. The commercial/retail space must be massive(!) in Harbour Plaza.

So is there confirmation that construction is beginning on everything at once in around two weeks?

Anyways, to stay on topic, I was walking along this site today and they are excavating along the west and north edges, although NOT all the way to the east end of the site is fenced off or being worked on at the moment. Are we sure they aren't just going to do the office tower and its portion of the parking levels first?

The entire parking garage is being built at one time

I hope future Black Friday sales at Target in Toronto look like this, instead of the chaos we see in the US today

[video=youtube;ermNqkUUiJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ermNqkUUiJw[/video]

Exciting times down there:cool:.....and just to think that the best site for high-rise living is yet to come

1 Yonge, LLBO lands
1capost.jpg

Back