Was there any talk of transit - bringing in yet more people into this area before we see proper transit there (or at least a firm plan!) is really NOT a good idea. "Transit First" as WT used to say!

There was no talk of real substance at all. There was an unveiling, and a shaking of hands. With Danish royalty there, it was all show, all beautiful architecture, all sustanability goals, zero local politics and zero planning minutiae.

There was no talk of real substance at all. There was an unveiling, and a shaking of hands. With Danish royalty there, it was all show, all beautiful architecture, all sustanability goals, zero local politics and zero planning minutiae.

But we did learn that Ontario is "open for business"
Ugh.

Ah, a perfect Toronto Moment! :->

Attachments

• Unknown-1.png
    Unknown-1.png
    993.8 KB · Views: 535
Lovely! My big question about this one: what are they going to use for the cladding? It looks like wood in the renders, but I don't think the building code allows exterior wood cladding for fire reasons. Curious to see what material they use instead. Whatever it is, I hope it has similar warmth and texture to wood.

Lovely! My big question about this one: what are they going to use for the cladding? It looks like wood in the renders, but I don't think the building code allows exterior wood cladding for fire reasons. Curious to see what material they use instead. Whatever it is, I hope it has similar warmth and texture to wood.
This build is stunning, very well thought out. As for the cladding, I could see something similar to what 3XN has planned for Aquabella's balcony dividers and what surrounds most of the 7th level pool area - Not exactly wood, but a wood-like composite appearance. I can't remember the exact material.

Here is an extensively illustrated article about the construction of Tallwood Residence at Brock Commons, UBC, presently the tallest timber structure in the world. It certainly appears to have large stretches of wood cladding. Perhaps, however, it is actually a composite material. If so, it looks wood like!

The proposed 3XN structure is much more visually appealing, IMO. Stunning, in fact.

Last edited:
Here is an extensively illustrated article about the construction of Tallwood Residence at Brock Commons, UBC, presently the tallest timber structure in the world. It certainly appears to have large stretches of wood cladding. Perhaps, however, it is actually a composite material. If so, it looks wood like!

The proposed 3XN structure is much more visually appealing, IMO. Stunning, in fact.
Interesting! Great share.

This Vancouver timber building is 53m and the T3 thread description says it will be 41m. But the media announced T3 Toronto will be the tallest timber building in North America? Hmmmm...

Interesting! Great share.

This Vancouver timber building is 53m and the T3 thread description says it will be 41m. But the media announced T3 Toronto will be the tallest timber building in North America? Hmmmm...
They said tallest timber office building in North America.

Back