That's disappointing. I was rather looking forward to seeing purple and green on the skyline.
You wouldn't have seen much of the purple, it would have been a fuzzy effect at best - so white is better for the letters - but I do think that the swirly green "t" in the logo would have shown up just fine and been a nice touch of green from distance.

The area in front of the American Airlines arena is fantastic. I had a chance to visit and it has great atmosphere before the games. There are usually a bunch of displays set up in front with a bunch of vendors and retailers and on the right side, they have a street level tv studio. We should have done something along the same lines, only better.

Sorry to be posting about something that was already spoken of a week ago...

I live in Dallas and very close to the American Airlines Centre. As I agree that the area is fantastic, especially compared to what it was before, this area is actually quiet dead. With the exception of big events, street life is actually quite bare. The local TV station broadcasts the news from this area every day, and 90% of the time when I watch the news, the street life behind the glass windows are almost nonexistent. As this area is not located in the downtown core, there isn't a rush of office workers walking around either. There's only so many people from the neighboring W Hotel and condos that can fill the streets. The DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) does not have a regular route to this area -- only during games/events.

Maple Leafs Square is a beauty and has so much more potential. You guys have it good! Anyhow, that's just my two cents....

Once the hotel and bars/restaurants open up and the condos become occupied the area will become somewhat more animated.

Telus interior

I have some nice shots of the amazing interior lighting at the new Telus building at 25 York St.

How do I post pictures? Sorry, I am new here.

See the attach feature under the text area when you are writing a message? Click that and find the photo on your computer to upload it.

I have some nice shots of the amazing interior lighting at the new Telus building at 25 York St.

How do I post pictures? Sorry, I am new here.

I just post this in another thread for the same question.

You need to hit insert image and the add _b.jpg to each photo link to get the full size from where your photo's are hosted to display here.

IE: IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/4495108_b.jpg[/IMG I removed the other bracket to show this.

If you host off your own server like I do, I re-size the photo to 800X600 using another name. You don't need to add _b to it.

Yay, Thank-you :)

See the attach feature under the text area when you are writing a message? Click that and find the photo on your computer to upload it.

LOL i can't believe i missed that.

Thank-you so much :)

First one is from the ACC entrance.
Second and third is of the same light fixture but from the front entrance angle.

It keeps changing colors and shapes. You really need to see a video to get the whole picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 326
LOL i can't believe i missed that.

Thank-you so much :)

First one is from the ACC entrance.
Second and third is of the same light fixture but from the front entrance angle.

It keeps changing colors and shapes. You really need to see a video to get the whole picture.

this is the installation was a talking about a few pages back. great stuff, thanks for the update!

That's a cool lighting feature. THanks for the photos :) Does your camera do video? If so, take some video and upload to youtube.

That's a cool lighting feature. THanks for the photos :) Does your camera do video? If so, take some video and upload to youtube.

Actually no. I am using an iPhone 3G

Thinking of getting the XPERIA X1 out of my drawer. Now that has a Camera ;)

I have always used Sony Ericsson phones before the iPhone.. it's just the iPhone is fun for emailing and web browsing

off topic :)

So is the tower open to the public now?

Not to the public, not really ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually no. I am using an iPhone 3G

Thinking of getting the XPERIA X1 out of my drawer. Now that has a Camera ;)

I have always used Sony Ericsson phones before the iPhone.. it's just the iPhone is fun for emailing and web browsing

off topic :)

I had a k790 before my iPhone. Now that thing had a camera on it! Why doesn't the iPhone have a xenon flash? :mad:

pics from Saturday

atelus1.jpg
atelus2.jpg
atelus3.jpg

atelus4.jpg
atelus5.jpg

Attachments

• atelus1.jpg
    atelus1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 347
  • atelus2.jpg
    atelus2.jpg