Nov 11 Visit

IMG_nov-11-09-0205.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0206.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0207.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0208.jpg

Entrance into the Union Path
IMG_nov-11-09-0211.jpg

nice shots, drum, thanks!

Hopefully this building will set a precedent for new office tower design in Toronto. It's a really beautiful building. I just wish it was taller and in a more noticeable location.

It also would have benefited from having trees that are thick enough that they can't be snapped right off by a careless (or drunk) passerby.

I completely agree re: the planters. I'm also surprised that the soil simply meets the sidewalk at grade. Seems a bit cheap and messy - if there aren't going to be above-ground planters, maybe they at least could have sunk the trees a foot or so so that a grate or concrete covers could be placed on top.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from seeing the Bloor Street project, but I'm also surprised that the trees aren't lit from below at all. Given the attention to detail in the tower (especially the little flood lights that backlight the side fins), I was expecting more from the streestcape.

We have all been spoiled by what is being done on Bloor. A new standard has been set that we are not likely to see replicated elsewhere in the city.

I think lighting them up would be a little bit self indulgent... on Bloor Street yes, but this area will already be bright, and I think the money could be better spent on just putting in trees that are noticeable enough that they don't need to be lit up to be seen. If anyone saw this photo who wasn't on the boards or was from another city, they would laugh at what a pointless addition trees are if they are so small.

Big trees TRANSFORM cities. I wish we could somehow get city council to create a new policy about trees put in developments / on sidewalks.

Totally agree SP!RE... won't be long before some drunk fool after another Leafs/Raptors loss takes out his frustration on those poor twigs. :(

Yes, this area is in desperate need of seating areas, for both the workers in the buildings who want to catch some sun during lunch, and the fans who may be waiting for friends and rides before and after games.

Yeah, would be nice....however we don't have a Mark Cuban type dot.com billionaire to finance something as beautiful as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Maple Leaf Square is that it's too compact. It's not even a square. It would be better if they just elimated the road that leads up to the ACC.

Back