they have to hide that hideous mechanical room...why not extend the fins at all sides....

Mechanical rooms or similar roof top areas are a necessary evil. Some buildings incorporate them well, others poorly. As far as Telus goes I think it blends in pretty good and the materials appear to be decent, certainly not a blight like some buildings.

I'm pretty sure that fins were never proposed for the sides, only on the north and south

I think the mechanical room will look fine once it becomes the base of the spire... any word on that?

There are 3 or 4 footings on each corner of the roof in an L shape with 4 rods coming out of them. I was thinking it was for some curved fins or glass walls, but it could just be for something else. Not sure if they are visible in any of my pics.

Hard to say, but the rendering doesn't look like they will be adding fins (even shorter ones) on to the sides. Little ones would at least cover part of it.

I couldn't imagine a major corporation not making their logo disproportionately large.

That said, this is an absolutely beautiful tower.

The elevator shaft is down on the south side.

3795545889_1398c03bd9_b.jpg

3795745661_402757e4ed_b.jpg

It is a bit unfortunate that the mechanical penthouse is so large and bulky. However, they have done quite a good job of screening it from the north and south. I would imagine 18 York will sufficiently screen it from the west. I cannot wait to see the spire in place.

Back