Oh please, go back to sleep

Given the small footprint of the site this is moving as quickly as you could expect. Take a closer look..they aren't able to fly forms here from level to level for the underground. Looks like they don't have the room to do that which likely also explains why its taking a little longer than normal.

0.png

1.png

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,775
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,306
Last edited by a moderator:
I want to Gardiner to stay if only for the cool factor of it wrapping around all these buildings.

I can't wait for the York/Bay/Yonge off ramps to go. It will give Ten York some breathing room and will free up the space where York's circular off ramp is to be converted into a park. Good times ahead for this area.

Don't they need to build the new off ramp before tearing down Y/B/Y ramp?

The new off-ramp will begin its descent above Rees Street and go down to end at Lower Simcoe Street. It's a big job dismantling this part of the Gardiner as well as constructing the new ramp. Likely take 2 years. But the saving grace is that the City will kindly allow people to exit at Spadina and Jarvis for those 2 years :) Will look great when it's all done and really open up Harbour Street.

I love that circular off ramp, I always thinks its a great little 360 view of everything going on down there. But I'm sure the new ramp will be nice enough.

I want to Gardiner to stay if only for the cool factor of it wrapping around all these buildings.

I am for an elevated replace solution to the Gardiner, if the replacement is world-class and addresses Lakeshore Blvd responsibly. I think driving through the downtown core on the Gardiner is one of the more awesome perks of this city.

Sadly, money as always is a factor.

Yeah, one of my urban density nerd dreams is to be taxed up the yazoo for a buried Gardiner project. All I ask in return are regular photo updates on UT. That being said, I do have to agree that one of the great un-understood joys is driving down the Gardiner into the horizon of buildings.

Back