hmm, right you both are....pretty hard to keep track of it all....

You know Toronto's making good progress when 70 + storey proposals are becoming common and no-big-deal.

A couple more good quotes from the article:

Toronto is hot.

Toronto has 163 high-rise buildings under construction now — the most of any city in North America — according to a recent city report. New York is runner-up with 99.

Tantalizing...

“On the other hand, 10 years ago, 20 storeys were the economic maximum,†he said. “Now, because of the green belt and population growth, it might come to a point where it is economically viable to build 120 storeys at Yonge and Bloor because there is so much demand.â€

Oh come on, don't you think you're expecting too much from Boxonto....err, i mean Toronto (also known as Greyonto)? What's next? Sooner or later you'll start expecting the 'greater downtown area' to have proper roads (i.e. no potholes, cracks and unevenness); proper and even wider sidewalks with no stains, asphalt patches and trash; proper streetscape in terms of street lights, benches, trash cans, and underground hydropoles, etc., along with a clean-up of some of the really unattractive areas like 10 Dundas East's exterior, and improvements to dilipidated buildings (like north of City Hall on west of Bay Street, etc.). And don't you or anyone else dare think that given Toronto has Canada's largest downtown and the fact that we're hosting the Pan-Am games, which should supposedly act as a catalyst to get things improved, these things should be a no-brainer, as that is completely out-of-line! :)

+1 - gotta love the status quo here!!

p5-average

press conference tomorrow!

"A triangular plot of land near the foot of York Street will be the site of a proposed residential skyscraper soaring 75 storeys.

Details of the Tridel development are to be unveiled at a press conference Tuesday morning that will include officials from Build Toronto, the real estate branch whose job it is to sell surplus city properties."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/21/even-at-816-feet-proposed-75-storey-condo-building-still-wont-be-torontos-tallest/

edit: congrats to UT for the press coverage!

I kiked his final comment about 120 stories at Yonge and Bloor.

by me

565.png

Hey Cal , theres L plus you also forgot the Front St set (Off /res) of towers!!

Tridel's moving fast with this one. Looks like they want this baby rising asap. This is going to be an incredible Spring 2012 with so many prime projects hitting the market.

Too bad they all look like boxes. It would be nice to have a few more interesting rooftops in the city.

One day, far in the future, a new style of architecture will take hold and cities all over the world will be flooded with it. It could be a new take on Gothic, Victorian, Art Nouveau or Art deco but it will be so common that people get sick of it and architecture buffs the world over will flood to Toronto see the 'simple, clean box'.... It could happen.

A very well connected poster at SSP wrote that if sales are strong, shovels could be in the ground by late 2012.

I wonder if Build Toronto's involvement with this project might help it get fastracked.

Yes, it's really Build Toronto that is pushing the fast-tracking. They want to show the city that they are getting results.

Meanwhile, there are new renderings on the dataBase page now!!

Last edited:

Back